CureZone   Log On   Join

It's just a simple case of 'I'm more Christian than you are'... by Wiz ..... Religions Debate Forum

Date:   10/12/2004 3:03:16 PM ( 20 y ago)
Hits:   2,644
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=410714

2 of 7 (28%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

That's the feeling I get.

Western Orthodoxy is always 'right', so even if you are a Gnostic Christian, a Coptic Christian, a Syrian Christian, a Christian Essene or any of a host of other Christian branches that are not recognized by the Orthodox crowd, then you don't exist as a Christian (or worse still, you are a heretic). As the moderator and most visible (and vocal) participants determine who can be a Christian on that forum, it doesn't matter what you think.

Several years ago, I posted at the Christianity Forum and my posts caused a stir then too. I suggested that the forum should be titled Traditional Christianity, (or Evangelical Christianity) as it is not a forum for all Christians, but almost exclusively for Evangelical/Traditional styled Christians that read the bible (I guess they don't like the term fundamentalist anymore). Perhaps it would be better titled the Bible forum. Then there would be no doubt about who goes there if it had that name.

Anyway, I think it's pretty exclusionary, however that's the way it is.

;0)

Wiz

©†ƒ……•™¼‡_Original_Message_¾€š½ž¢«»¬ï°©

That's the feeling I get.

Western Orthodoxy is always 'right', so even if you are a Gnostic Christian, a Coptic Christian, a Syrian Christian, a Christian Essene or any of a host of other Christian branches that are not recognized by the Orthodox crowd, then you don't exist as a Christian (or worse still, you are a heretic). As the moderator and most visible participants determine who can be a Christian on that forum, it doesn't matter what you think.

Several years ago, I posted at the Christianity Forum and my posts caused a stir then too. I suggested that the forum should be titled Traditional Christianity, (or Evangelical Christianity) as it is not a forum for all Christians, but almost exclusively for Evangelical/Traditional styled Christians that read the bible (I guess they don't like the term fundamentalist anymore). Perhaps it would be better titled the Bible forum. Then there would be no doubt about who goes there if it had that name.

Anyway, I think it's pretty exclusionary, however that's the way it is.

;0)

Wiz

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.00 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=410714