CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: TV evangalists by Alikat ..... Christianity (Biblical) Support

Date:   4/26/2005 2:20:02 PM ( 19 years ago ago)
Hits:   15,302
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=403948

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

I agree with you CL:
"If it agrees with God's word and the Holy Spirit within you agrees with what they say, do not be quick to write them off. They just may not be for you."
However, the televangelists we have been discussing are precisely the ones that are saying things that go way beyond scriptural context, not just a matter of slightly different interpretation.

I agree with you and Ev that too many Christians stand by ready to knock down anything that sounds remotely different from the way they have been worshipping on Sunday mornings. But that being said, there is just a lot of very weird and over the top stuff that is going on and we need to be aware of it. The best way is for us to warn each other. What I don't see today, may be very clear to you, and your warning me of it may keep me from slipping.

I have heard things being said on TBN and by Van Impe, Benny Hinn and some others that are not just slight differences, but anti-biblical or heretical. We can always talk these things out here, as we are doing now, but even if I disagree, I rather someone try to warn me just in case. It may be that they are wrong, but it may be that the Holy Spirit is leading them and I'm not being receptive or I may be deluded. In either case, it is out of obedience to warn, as it is to be introspective. The times are rough, and they will be rougher still, so praise God we can still discuss these things out in the open. It may not be for long.
May we all keep our lamps full of oil untill whenever it is He comes. :-)

PS. I was saved many years ago, but Pat Robertson and his then co-host, some very handsome black guy whose name I can't remember, were instrumental in my seeing The Light. I since have questioned some of Robertson's private affiliations, but at the time he was used of God in my life.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=403948