CureZone   Log On   Join

My personal impressions about Benny Hinn by Cyrulis ..... Christianity (Biblical) Support

Date:   4/14/2005 1:21:12 AM ( 19 y ago)
Hits:   8,138
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=403721

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

I know this topic was trashed out well. These are just purely my impressions:

For quite a few month now whenever I turned on tv and found Benny Hinn talking- strange feeling surrounded me. Feeling that something is not right, that something is different not only from any christian evangelist but from religious figure from different religions.
I was sceptical and I thought I was too much sceptical since I talked to jehova witnesses a number of times (they had temple 0.5 mile away from my previous job), mormons, moonists et cetera. Something is not right.
And sadly, the feeling never left me. The feeling that this one is the false prophet.
First. He talks sometimes bizzare things, in addition to what you find excerpts from his speaches I heard hi saying somethign like that: " when there is no head, the soul and Jesus..." I couldn't believe my eyes. And sometimes you wonder his bordeline questionable statements like: "don't seek forgivness, seek Him who forgives" and so on.

Second. Those miracles he propagates. According to catholic tradition which has in reality very strict definition of miracle is that miracle is immeadiate recovery of a person from life threatening disease with NO recovery period, independently confirmed by two MD's. No such miracles were confirmed officially.

Third. Manu many times you could clearly see his concious seeking constantly manipulate masses (psychology of masses is nothing new)during his services. I was terrified when during the last time I observed him waiwing his hand to the crowd proclaiming Holy Spirit is among them and around 50-100 people would fall over or back into their chairs. And that was done reptitively, in wawes, like you see doing soccer fans during European soccer maches- people all around pastor Hinn were falling like trees after a nuke explosion. people were trembling, their eyes like difficult to describe. I got an impression that he was more important than jesus himself. And when you see a young boy of about 10y. old who's lower lip was trembling, was crying and totally consumed by the pastor's words- you know this is not right.

Fourth. Oh, this one is big. Money change people and change very much so. When you look at all facts, his lavish lifestyle, his murky big money construction projects, his ministry;s refusal to join christian financial responsibility watchdog group- you get the idea this is not right either.

I liked the Pope, I liked Mahatma Ghandi, I liked Dalai Lama, I like Billy Graham- even if you disagree strongly, you feel their words are for real, they are sincere and they are far away from being false prohets from whatever they preached about.

But form all those arguments the most important for me is- my heart. It says that pastor Hin says one thing but does completely different. I do not pretend to be absolutely right. It's just impression of mine.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.05 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=403721