CureZone   Log On   Join

5 months of horrible pain after root canal! by constantpain ..... Root Canal Tooth Forum

Date:   9/7/2004 7:09:34 PM ( 20 y ago)
Hits:   11,527
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=40011

I hope someone here can help me, or guide me in the right direction. I've always had good, though crooked, teeth. In 2000, I had veneers done and finally had perfect teeth. I was thrilled. However, in 2004, I got my first cavity ever. It happened to be beneath one of the veneers. The dentist said it was quite extensive and recommended a root canal to save the tooth. He also placed a titanium post for additional support. Since the tooth he worked on is holding another tooth (bridge, from a missing tooth from a childhood accident), he drilled through the tooth and left the bridge in place to save the structure. The procedure seemed to go well, there was very little discomfort, but the numbness I felt immediately after the novicaine injection worried me. I felt numb on the whole side of my head and could feel my left eye blink for the whole day. I had continued numbness in my lip/nose area on the left side for a good week or more. When the numbness subsided, it left pain behind. The tooth hurt more then than it ever had. I have periods of remission from the pain, a day or two sometimes, but mostly it hurts. Anything warm or even spicy aggrivates it to where even my lip movement hurts. I've seen an endodontist twice now and he can find no infection from this, so he believes it is "nerve related". All I know it that it's PAIN related, and I've been like a bear with a sore paw for five months. It's a nightmare. I'm not wild about losing my front I tooth, and subsequently the one next to it, but I feel as if I'm out of options. I can't spend my life in this much pain for vanity. But I hate the thought of going back to never smiling again. Has anyone here had dental implants after removal of teeth? Anyone else had an experience like this? My teeth have been a horrible source of anguish my entire life. Now this. I'm actually just quite depressed over all of this. And I hate that dentist.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.01 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=40011