CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Not misleading at all!! by Neo2_000 ..... Facts and Myths, Science Discussion

Date:   3/29/2004 7:40:44 PM ( 20 y ago)
Hits:   4,991
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=390674

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

"Garcia you also seem to be at a loss to expalin how the body would knwo which enzymes to make and which ones it should not make since it just ate some in some food."

Firstly, I welcome your input as any cause for reflection is bound to expose weaknesses in ones preconceptions. However, a reductionist argument involving progressively minute detail is to some degree futile. A prudent mind would admit that this is beyond our capability. Every succeeding generation finds a new level of reductionism and I would remind you of the simple fact that for all his wisdom, man cannot even duplicate a simple blade of grass.

This is not to discourage such research, merely to remind ourselves that todays textbooks are tomorrows folklaw and a humble mind may be the single most valuable factor in arriving at the truth.

Having pondered over this, I think that given our human limitations, a wise course of action might be to appeal to practical examples of what constitutes good health in the real world from observation of individuals and particularly cultures. Perhaps we could balance out the micro with some macro?

"You also said you would provide me with a specific citation for a textbook which would explain your nutrition cliams and beliefs. Please provide this citation so I can look at the material!"

I cannot provide quotes but you asked for a feedback mechanism. I recall reading a book many years ago which suggested that the tonsils are exactly this. It went into some detail and I think that it provided supporting references. But I full admit that I am relating all this from memory and I do not even know if i still have the book. Perhaps some other forum member might have this handy?

I think that anyone would agree that cooking destroys vitamins. From this standpoint alone, it would seem that an unprocessed raw diet would be superior to a heat processed one, notwithstanding grains which are not a desirable food for many reasons.

Neo.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=390674