CureZone   Log On   Join
 

Re: resin fillings safe? by MrCooties ..... Dental Problems Support Forum

Date:   2/14/2005 11:55:31 PM ( 16 years ago ago)
Hits:   2,461
URL:   https://curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=38374

You made one of the best moves you will EVER make for your daughter! You insisted on no mercury. That is by far the most important issue here. Your daughter is very lucky that you took on that dentist. I wish my parents had such interest a few decades ago.

The resin (composite) fillings are so much better than amalgams, plus the composites do have advantages over porcelain. Composites have less metal, require less tooth removal, do not require (toxic?) cements, cost less... every dental material has possible risks. You might have made the best decision to go with composites. They do have chemicals but it's all relative - bisphenol-a is pretty much everywhere, and her exposure from her composites might be small compared to other sources such as bottled water, foods packaged/cooked in plastic/saran wrap, water supply sources, etc... cans for canned food is lined with bisphenol-a plastic and then heated/cooked which leaches even more of it into the food. (also never heat plastic in a microwave)...

Check out
http://www.iaomt.org/
and click on "find a dentist" for mercury-free dentists in your area. Also your local DAMS coordinator might have info.





_Original_Message_ﰩ

You made one of the best moves you will EVER make for your daughter! You insisted on no mercury. That is by far the most important issue here. Your daughter is very lucky that you took on that issue. I wish my parents had such interest a few decades ago.

The resin (composite) fillings are so much better than amalgams, plus the composites do have advantages over porcelain. Composites have less metal, require less tooth removal, do not require toxic (?) cements, cost less... every dental material has possible risks. You may have made the best decision to go with composites. They do have chemicals but it's all relative - bisphenol-a is pretty much everywhere, and her exposure from her composites might be small compared to other sources such as bottled water, foods packaged/cooked in plastic/saran wrap, water supply sources, etc... cans for canned food is lined with bisphenol-a plastic and then cooked which leaches even more of it into the food. (never heat plastic in a microwave)...

Check out
http://www.iaomt.org/
and click on "find a dentist" for mercury-free dentists in your area. Also your local DAMS coordinator might have info.


 

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.04 sec, referred by curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=38374