CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: creatine vs protein by shelleycat ..... Ask Shelley # 1 [Archive]

Date:   4/8/2004 1:48:35 PM ( 20 y ago)
Hits:   9,851
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=382972

1 readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I love to work with body builders and athletes of all kinds because there's a lot of bad info about there that will make you sick, like getting candida. Please do not ever take any kind of powdered protein supplement!!! they are very clogging, hard to digest, and really, even when building, it's possible to greatly over-estimate your protein needs. Only good one I ever found was by Metagenics, which you can only buy from an actual healer like a chiropractor. it's called Ultra Meal, but I have a more natural alternative.

I have a recipe for a tasty protein shake that is easy to digest and gets you everything you need for both building muscle tissue AND Providing good energy for a work out.

The secret no one knows unless they're good at reading between the lines of nutrition journals is that the best sustained energy comes from protein plus oils. Without EFAs, proteins are not readily utilized. they get turned into fat for storage rather than for burn, so you don't get as cut as you could! Feel free to use 4 eggs per shake and drink 2 shakes a day if you're over 240 pounds. Don't worry about cholesterol, eggs do not add to blood cholesterol, that's another common myth.

Creatine is great, tho, so definitely supplement with that. Creatine allows you to do many more reps. Load for about 5 days, then take a 5-10 gram maintenance dose for about 4-6 weeks. Then take a two-week break and start over.

Please peruse my candida notes, and increasing power of digestion notes, as the protocols there will be key in aiding you to balance the yeast problem. If any of your buddies get into similar problems, send them my way!!! :)

Good luck!

//www.curezone.org/forums/m.asp?f=424&i=2135

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=382972