CureZone   Log On   Join

Isn't there anyone out there doing Macrobiotics diet? by kingston ..... Macrobiotics Support Forum

Date:   6/3/2005 1:02:28 AM ( 19 years ago ago)
Hits:   8,958
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=378595

I am so happy to find this support forum. I have been posting macrobiotic questions to other forums... I don't know why I didn't look under Macrobiotci.. Anyway.

It hasn't been easy. I went from eating all types of food to a very strict diet. I went to a naturopath and gave me a cleansing diet for the first 30 days which consists of brown rice, millet, seaweed, a version of miso soup, gomashio, umeboshi plums, 2 cups water, Tamri/shoyu soy sauce, rice drink (substitute for water)
herbal tea (red clover, corn silk, echinacea, Ginger root, Licorice root, dandelion root, black/blue cohosh, uva ursi, yarrow, slippery elm, sarsaparilla root, valerian root, bancha or kukicha... all mixed together in one tea - 4 small cups per day)

and many supplements (Colon cleanse, milk thistle, vitamin bcomplex, kelp, chromium picolinate, co-enzyme q10, zinc, omega 3, Lecithin caps, Vitamin E, Fat Fighter, Cayenne)

Snacks: Rice cakes (only certain ones), Brown Rice crackers, brown rice snaps, millet rice flakes, puffed kashi, cripy brown rice cereal

Oh and I can use only onion, ginger, garlic and scallion in any dishes

... no sugar, no veggies, no fruit, nothing else... for 30 days!

The plan has 4 phases this is the first phase.. the next phase I start added back stuff (veggies, etc.)

I'm a little worried about how it's going to go. I spoken to a number of people on it may b/c they have been diagnosed with cancer or to lose weight to get healthier.

I'm also suppose to do a Ginger compress to my back 3 to 4 times a day.

Anyway. I lost 10 pounds the first 7 days but now I gained back a few pounds. I'm about 50 pounds over weight I don't understand why the weight isn't just falling of me. I feel ok. About day 5 I had a horrible headache and my tongue turned white on top with a bad taste.

I've spoken to many others on this diet and they lost more weight. What's wrong with me? I askend the naturopath and he thinks I must be drinking too much water which is true I've drank more water than prescribed. I have started to try to measure the water and be more accurate.

This is hard. I crave a fillet mignon and just about anything I see. I hope it gets easier. I need support from the support forum :)

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.03 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=378595