CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Methadone Success!!Another Opinion by dejavu37 ..... Addiction: Drug Addiction Support Forum

Date:   5/31/2004 6:33:55 AM ( 20 y ago)
Hits:   3,184
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=377754

I have just spent the last few minutes reading each and every one of the posts regarding methadone treatment. It seems that there are alot of varying opinions out there. Ok, here is my 2 cents worth. I have been addicted to opiates for 12 years now. Not heroin, pain medication in any form available. I am a professional who worked in radiology technology for the past few years and ended up losing my license because of my addiction. I have been arrested twice for stealing demerol from the hospital where I worked, lost my marriage, lost my home, and lost my radiology license all due to this addiction problem. I now am a manager at a fast food restaurant and once again I will most likely be in legal trouble for calling in my own prescriptions for Lortab to the pharmacy. I have been thru the 12-step program, inpatient hospitalization once, out patient therapy twice, and intensive therapy once. Each and every time I was sincere about wanting my recovery. Each and every time I relapsed back into my addiction. I have never been in any trouble with the law EXCEPT when it comes to my opiate problem. Ok, all that was said to say this. I have now gone into the methadone progam and it is the only thing that has worked for me so far. I am able to function normally thru out the day and I dont have the desire and cravings for my pain pills. Methadone is indeed trading one drug for another, but this way, one can live a normal life and function well in society without resorting to criminal behavior to get the drugs. My vote is that yes, methadone is indeed the answer for some of us out there. By the way, I have to say that out of about 45 people in my groups at the methadone clinic, I would say only about 5 of them are currently still using drugs other than methadone. So, the theory that most still use illegal drugs is hogwash. I just wanted to let you know that for some of us, methadone is indeed the answer we have been looking for all along. Dejavu37

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.00 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=377754