CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Excessive sweating on hands and feet. by shoyeb ..... Excessive Sweating, Hyperhidrosis Forum

Date:   8/20/2005 7:06:31 PM ( 19 y ago)
Hits:   19,234
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=370907

My 13 year-old daughter has a problem with excessive sweating on her hands and feet. They will literally drip. They are dry when they are really cold. Her hands can sweat when her feet are dry. If she thinks about her hands sweating, they will. She cannot however, think them dry. This has been going on for about the last three or four years. Surgery is not an option.

hi
i know just how you feel. im from the uk and a 23 years old man. my hands (and feet)started sweating since i was 11. i am now on a waiting list and hopefully will undego surgery in three months time to get it sorted. sweaty hands really ruined the quality my life. So many situations where i was totally embarrassed. my parents said id grow out of it but they were wrong my hands continue to sweat now. my parents were worried about surgery since they didnt want to lose me or something bad to happen to me when i was young. but if i could go back in time i wish i pestered my parents for me to get it done. it affected my social life very much as well as my workin life where i only chose jobs where i would stack shelves. with sweaty hands it s almost impossible to work in office environments where u use computers and shake so many hands. i mean my hands sweat all over the keyboard and mouse. im gonna start second year of university but it was like tremondously difficult last year especially doin group work where my hands were always sweating when trying to write programs on the computer with my group, it was just so nerve racking. the surgeon in uk says hes had no patients so far with side effects even though he has done the procedure for 20 years. my advice to you is to really research your options as this condition has quite serious effect on ones life, and should be treated. im not advising make your child go through sugery beacause there will always be excellent surgical treatment and really bad ones too. i say its best she gets surgery done only if you are sure that the surgeon is very experienced. but there is another treatment option where you put your hands in water that has electrical current in the hospital.

shoyeb

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.03 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=370907