CureZone   Log On   Join

side effects of hep b vaccine? by mizzie ..... Hepatitis B Vacc. Adverse Reactions

Date:   2/24/2005 7:03:43 AM ( 19 y ago)
Hits:   6,297
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=368679

1 of 1 (100%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

I have read with interest some of the messages posted regarding the recent news that hep b vaccine may cause ms and other neurological disorders and wondered if my profile fits with anyone elses.

I joined the ambulance service in 1996 and was referred to occupational health for a hep b vaccination as ambulance personel were considered high risk. I don't recall having any major problems immediately after the vaccine but about 2 years after I began to have extreme pain in my hips, so bad that it woke me from sleep and indeed prevented me from sleeping much of the time. I began to suffer "falls" or "trips" and had a feeling of being very wary when I walked as I seemed unsteady on my feet. This was followed quite randomly by a massive allergic reaction, the cause of which was never established, and made me look like a burn victim as my face swelled and blistered. This went on for about three weeks and then spontaneously settled.

Since then I have had non-specific pain and fatigue which was eventually diagnosed three years ago as fibromyalgia. I have never been convinced that I was a classic fibromyalgia case although my symptoms have progressed over the years and I now find my life restricted by it. I still manage to lead a fairly normal life but believe that this is because I refuse to give in however it does get the better of me sometimes. I also find that infections and viruses that most people throw off easily either linger for weeks or spark my other syptoms off resulting in the lengthening of the recovery time.

Does this sound familiar to others? Has anyone else had onset so long after the vaccine? Or should I just accept the Fibromyalgia diagnosis?

By the way the symptoms that first began with the allergy were responsible for me having to give up my career with the ambulance service and if I didn't work with my husband in our own business it is doubtful if I could hold down a job due to the amount of time off I need

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.03 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=368679