CureZone   Log On   Join

Severe Epstein-Barr after Hepatitis B vaccination by #164175 ..... Hepatitis B Vacc. Adverse Reactions

Date:   1/20/2004 2:36:42 AM ( 20 y ago)
Hits:   5,037
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=368610

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

My now 19 yr old son was always in excellent health and a superb athlete. Three months following the last of his hep B series, he developed severe Epstein-Barr, with uncontrollable hypertension and tachycardia.

To make a very long story short, he now has severe autonomic dysfunction including hypotension and bradycardia, orthostatic intolerance, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome, lost 80lbs. in one year, delayed gastric transit time, extremities with temperatures of the upper 60's to low 70 degrees, oral temperature that ranges from 92 to 95 degrees tops (unless he has a fever), very abnormal bloodwork, a catecholamine disorder, etc. etc. We go to Mayo (6 weeks total in the past year). A rare form of Guillain-Barre has been considered.

I don't know how to prove that the hep B did this to him but if I had it to do over again, he would never have received it. Life as he knew it is over; he can no longer participate in athletics due to presyncopal episodes and chronic fatigue; his "activity" consists of sitting at the movies or at dinner with friends.

He is able to go to school and his mentation and grades are good, but every time he is tested for anything, the results are abnormal but different. Abnormal has now become normal for him. When he first stands, his blood pressure drops to 70/30 and his heart rate goes up 50+ beats/minute, then falls back down to his "normal" heart rate of about 40. His work-up has been exhaustive and even invasive. He may have an adrenal tumor, as well. He was absolutely perfect before all of this started.

Makes me furious!!
Any info is appreciated. Good luck to all.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=368610