CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Gifted and ungifted persons, please help? by #35490 ..... Ask CureZone Community

Date:   2/18/2006 12:54:57 PM ( 18 y ago)
Hits:   2,743
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=358889

Wow, wow! I feel really embarrassed after reading your message. But I agree 90%. The other 10% comes from you not knowing me and those around me. But hey, thank you very much. You should write a book or something:)
I didn't want this to turn into the IQ debate. I agree with you totaly. I don't give a sh** about IQ tests. But some facts are observable and it's a fact someone can do certain things more easily than others.
The problem with my roomate is just that - he want's to be an artist (though he wouldn't do anything about it, he doesn't practice or anything) and he just likes the idea of being an artist I think, if he draws anything it's a cliche image, obviously not "coming from inside". Well it's not that big problem now anyway, I think (hope?) he realised lately what you said is important - to be who you are and to love and accept yourself even if you're "just a guy". I wish I could do it - to find out what I am, where is my place..
About being ordinary or extraordinary. I've always wanted to be normal, but things just don't work that way. I simply saw what the majority is doing and what I am, how do I see things, what am I interested in etc. and it's just too much of a difference. Trying to be normal would drive me crazy.. On the outside I managed to learn certain things (rules) that are considered normal and you just go easier in life by accepting them. But in my thinking and actions, I am free:))
Anyway, regarding my sister you all seem to advise me what I was thinking I should do. As I said, I'll talk more positively to her (and to others) and try to listen what she has to say. Yeah. I guess I really can't do more. I'll try to change her negative thinking; I think a lot of it comes from working with negative people, who just bitch around about life, how it's unfair, how it's rich people's fault they are miserable or they blame the government... And the idea sounds so reasonable so folks easily accept it. My sister too..
Hm...

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=358889