CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Response to Baronia's questions by alexathomas ..... Amalgam Replacement Support Forum

Date:   5/19/2005 1:39:28 PM ( 19 y ago)
Hits:   15,719
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=35609

1 of 1 (100%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

I don't plan on taking the Maxam Labs products indefinitely. They recommend a 3 to four month treatment program and then you can decide from there whether or not to continue on a maintenance dosage based on whether or not you feel any problems recur. I live in L.A., so I will constantly be exposed to metals and pesticides because of the air and environment in this city. So I'll see how I feel in a few months. The sauna I got should be very good at keeping my system detoxed if I continue to use it on a regular basis.

As for the people I met who took DMPS, they all took it intravenously. Most of the people I talked to who took DMSA took it orally. They all had challenge tests where they took a pretty high dosage of DMPS or DMSA to get a reading on their metal toxicity. Some people I talked to got very ill just from the challenge test dosage as the DMPS or DMSA released more metals into their system than their bodies could detox so they just got repoisoned by the metals. That's the biggest problem I came across with all the people I talked to who took DMPS or DMSA. They are very powerful at moving the metals out of the cells but it your body can't keep up with getting them out of your body the your body just reabsorbs the metals.

But I'm sure that some people have gotten very good results with DMPS or DMSA. I just didn't meet or talk to anybody who did. I did talk to a dentist who was treated with DMPS intravenously and she still has health problems even though she doesn't use metal fillings in her practice at all.

Anne, please don't think I'm discouraging you if you feel that taking DMSA would be the right thing for you. Different approaches work for different people and if you feel deep down that being treated with DMSA is right for you, then I would say you should go with your instincts. Just make sure you work with a doctor that understands that you need to get the metals out of your body while taking the DMSA. I would think that colonics would be a good way of getting the metal toxins out of your colon while your detoxing metals. Or buy a Colema board if you can afford it as it is much cheaper in the long run than paying for colonics. Drink lots of water and just make sure your bowels keep moving. If you get severe side effects from taking DMPS or DMSA, you should talk to your doctor about the dosage to see if you should lower the dosage to make the detox experience more manageable for your liver and kidneys.

I do know that any good doctor will check your liver and kidney function even before they give you DMPS or DMSA for the challenge test as I was told this by a naturapath who uses DMSA for heavy metal detoxing. Both DMPS and DMSA can be very hard on your kidneys. My understanding is that DMSA is the chelator of choice for heavy metals and that DMPS is not.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=35609