CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: The *BEST* protein powder on the PLANET!--agreed by MentalNomad ..... Ask Shelley # 2

Date:   5/31/2004 1:05:15 PM ( 20 years ago ago)
Hits:   1,593
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=311612

I agree, but it is about the only protein powder I have seen that is worth it's salt. :) I have not tasted it myself, my mom did and said it was nasty so she has a very little used container of it if you'd like it...For me, I drink Superfood in the morning for breakfast from Dr. Schultz, I'm not much of a breakfast eater but want my metabolism to start up anyway.
As to health food store "junk" there is a lot of it...so many products that contain soy, canola oil, sugar, or even healthy things in unhealthy form--like fractionated coconut oil. Coconut oil in itself is a wonderful healthy food (one of my favorite!) but if you hydrogenate or fractionate it is just another toxin...Even a lot of the herbs are low quality, and who knows if they are irradiated? So much of it is...
In a pinch one day when were in Okc and my husband wasn't feeling good we bought some echinechea and goldenseal tincture NOW brand, it was weak and pathetic. Unforntantly they did not have Dr. Schultz's...
There are very few sources I trust to have high quality supplements--Schultz and Garden of Life are two of them though. Quite a few of the other stuff have fairy dust quanities of what they say they do and the rest is made up with fillers, bran being one of the more poplular ones.
Even being that a great deal of it is not healthy, I still find quite a lot of healthy stuff and always have a large bill when I walk out :) (I am glad to find a healthy citrus dishwasher soap because I simply was not going to give up my dishwasher! lol). So I still love them...just wish they could be a little more pure for those that think they are walking in there getting something healthy and just start buying stuff without even educating themselves...
Caitlin Lorraine

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.01 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=311612