CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Candida possibly - itching all over by beeisbuzzing ..... Candida & Dysbiosis Forum

Date:   5/30/2004 7:58:45 AM ( 20 y ago)
Hits:   29,508
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=278493

Hi there,

The itching all over is a symptom of candida and can be very uncomfortable.

>>>>>>In November '03, in response to an elevated blood pressure and cholesterol, I started on vegetable juices: mainly carrots, cucumbers, beets. 3-5 cups, for 2 months. BP and Cholesterol basically normalized.

====>Cucumbers are not high in Sugar like beets and carrots are. Some people with candida do not do well on vegetables with high Sugar content like parsnips, beets, carrots, etc. I would caution you on having too much of them. You could experiment and see if they are causing you a problem by eliminating them for 2-3 days and see how you feel.

=====>About cholesterol, the theory about high cholesterol being bad is not true. It has been proven that people with low cholesterol are more in danger than those with high cholesterol. Here's an excerpt from my article "How to Overcome Candida:"

"Good Fats & Oils - Good fats and oils are equally important to protein in the diet and they are essential to getting Candida under control. They not only increase the body’s ability to absorb nutrients from the foods eaten but also provide the most efficient source of energy. They also provide the building blocks for cell membranes and a variety of hormones and hormone-like substances.

Good fats act as carriers for important fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E and K and for the conversion of carotene to vitamin A, for mineral absorption and for a host of other processes. The kinds of fats consumed greatly influence the assimilation and utilization of vitamin D.

Cholesterol is the body’s version of fat, and contrary to popular belief cholesterol, is your best friend. Cholesterol’s job is to repair and protect, and it is essential for nourishing the brain and nervous system. The brain is 70% cholesterol and it could not function properly without it. Hormones, like estrogen and testosterone, are made from cholesterol. Bile salts (for digestion) are made from cholesterol. Cholesterol is also a powerful antioxidant.

Cholesterol is a substance vital to the cells of all mammals. There are no such things as good or bad cholesterol, in fact your body produces three to four times more cholesterol than you eat. The eminent American physician and scientist George Mann called the diet-heart idea “the greatest scientific deception of this century, perhaps of any century.”

Avoid all newfangled fats and oils (trans fats) - Candida sufferers cannot afford to jeopardize their health by consuming toxic oils and fats and must avoid all of the newfangled hydrogenated fats and polyunsaturated oils, called trans fats. These newfangled fats and oils are not only toxic and increase the body's need for vitamin E and other antioxidants, but also depress the immune system. All trans fats, found in margarine and shortenings used in most commercial baked goods and most processed foods should always be avoided even by healthy people.

The hydrogenation process employs: 1) High heat, 2) A metal catalyst such as nickel, zinc, copper, or other reactive metals and 3) Hydrogen gas. This is a volatile combination designed to extract and process oils, but it results in an extremely toxic product that the body reacts to like plastic.

The right kind of fat is saturated fat, in spite of what we’ve been led to believe. It plays many important roles in body chemistry. But saturated fats have been given a bad name by the oil and food manufacturing industry with the sole purpose of selling their products. This is also true for drug companies who perpetuate the cholesterol myth and low-fat diets in order to sell drugs.

The truth is, natural fats and oils have components found only in them, which are health-promoting, and the newfangled trans fats are now known to be disease-causing. These health-giving saturated fats are stable and do not become rancid easily and they do not draw upon the body’s reserves of antioxidants nor do they initiate cancer or irritate the artery walls.

Healthy saturated fats are an important part of any healthy meal. It draws nutrients out of foods and slows digestion so that natural enzymes and the assimilation process can take place. Healthy saturated fats include butter, tallow, lard, and fish, palm and coconut oils."

To read my entire article go to:
http://www.nourished.com.au/index.php?s=candida&submit=Go%21

Or join my Candida Support Group and read my updated article in the files there:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/candidasupport

There are some recommendations made on this forum that are not good for getting rid of candida. I have 18 years experience helping people get rid of candida. I ran a Candida Support Group and had a telephone "hotline" for people to call who were having problems with their candida program. I cured myself of candida after having it for over 25 years, and I've been free of it for 17 years.

If you read my article you will find a lot of common sense and a practical approach to getting rid of candida, that will not overwhelm you or your body. It takes into consideration the importance of harnessing the "natural healing processes" in your body.

You may write directly to me if you wish.

The best,
Bee Wilder

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=278493