CureZone   Log On   Join

I donated to them too! by muttgirl ..... Hurricanes & Tormadoes Extreme Weather Forum

Date:   9/2/2005 7:41:18 AM ( 19 y ago)
Hits:   1,070
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=273818

I will pray. I do believe God will help when man refuses to allow Him to help through them.

I am watching the news right now and feeling very frustrated, because I dont have the means to head over there myself to take some of the victims over here to Pennsylvania. I'd let one or two use my bedroom and i'd sleep in the porch.

I think they should airdrop some food and supplies to people via helicopter. If they are being attacked from people with guns, etc. on land, they should fly overhead and drop parcels near various areas. and they should get the people off of the roofs.

The media is able to get in there, so where there's a will, there's a way.

I am disgusted with our Government. I am a White 42 year old woman and I am highly dissillusioned at the cold indifference of our American government towards these poeple. FEMA seems to be dragging their butts. Also, Loiuisianna begged for funding to improve thier Flood levy's because they knew that if they ever got a catagory #5 hurricane, that they would be in trouble. The existing levy's could only hold water for a catagory #1 hurricane.

Our government turned a deaf ear to them during their pleas for funding, and now they are indifferent again. Florida got 56 Billion in disaster $ from FEMA--but then, Florida's governer is Jeb Bush.

If this disaster happened in NY, Martha's Vineyard, Washington, Boston, or any other ELITE town with groups that heavily pad the Congressmen and politicians, they would be getting IMMEDIATE help.

Now the government is helping as little as possible -- just enough to save face because they are looking like idiots in front of America and the World right now. There is no compassion from the government, but the people are donating like heck to the Red Cross. Maybe the Red Cross is the wrong people to send $ too.

Maybe we should be over there ourselves in mobs, with trucks of food and transportation for these people. --- but we'd have to be careful- and bring megaphones to tell people we are from all over the Country there to help in convoys.

:-( very ticked off
Boldyloxx.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=273818