CureZone   Log On   Join

Calling all Growth Hormone experts by AdyP ..... Hormone Replacement Therapy Alternatives

Date:   2/23/2018 3:03:57 AM ( 6 y ago)
Hits:   1,224
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2403284

Guys/girls I need some help on this one please!

Basically, I'm concerned about potential low GH - I had a suspected concussion in July 2015 from thai boxing and have a history of head trauma (accidents and fighting/martial arts) since 12 years old. I've been symptomatic with some symptoms related to low GH since Autumn 2016.

I got a private GH blood test (fasted 9am) in 2015 of 0.1 ug/l (with lab comments this could be low or normal) - cue 2.5 years of banging on NHS doors/deaf ears, they eventually agreed to look into this the other week. I questioned my GP if this would need to be a stimulation test (to avoid 'false positives' from random sampling), she "didnt know" (or care) and strongly made the point several times that if everything came back in range, the NHS will not be conducting any further hormone tests on my behalf because of various bloods I've had them do to try get to the bottom of my symptoms.

The NHS sample was a single blood draw (again fasted 9am), which returned the exact same value of 0.1 and the NHS lab reported this as 'normal' as it falls within the reference range of <3 ug/l for males.

This tells me several things:

The NHS are generally useless with anything more complex than broken bones, blood pressure and stitches

While 2 GH levels of 0.1 ug/l at 2.5 years apart under v similar conditions indicates consistency, it equally indicates 9am random sampling is unsuitable timing for me personally; as these levels may be normal basal or I am actually deficient

I'm going to need to get a second opinion, probably private endo who hopefully refers me back into the NHS, where I get the GH stimulation test done to finally resolve this ongoing uncertainty.

My question:

Several research papers report that taking 1.2 g of l-arginine with 1.2g l-lysine is observed to increase GH (8 x normal), spiking around 60-90 minutes afterwards... you can probably see where I'm going with this - I am planning on doing another private GH single blood draw (12 hrs fasted) and use the above aminos at the appropriate time before the blood draw, which results in a blood sample taken at somewhere around the peak (a DIY stimulation test).

Will this work?

Will the above aminos pass through the gut into the bloodstream reliably without too much absorption, or are there better non-injectables out there to stimulate GH for testing purposes?

And based on point 2 above, do the doses/timings look right?

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=2403284