CureZone   Log On   Join

Bone Graft surgery my experience by #154340 ..... Dental Problems Support Forum

Date:   5/27/2017 4:14:57 PM ( 7 y ago)
Hits:   2,376
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2369636

I had four bone grafts done and my experience was not fun.

First off, I want to say I would avoid all metal implants and even the metal screw if possible because it is like having a battery in your mouth that gives off a charge and, effects the body and especially, the brain and heart

I had four bone grafts put in and sinus lift. My husband had one bone graft. The surgeon was a heavy handed oral surgeon We picked him because he was from mayo and was rated highly. I will tell you what he is not..he is not the the cool, calm guy that is pipping carefully pretty flowers and leaves on wedding cakes, This guy was a jack hammer surgeon. We have never had a recovery like this my neck, and head felt weird like we had been in an accident. and need readjustments.

The doctor gave us mega pain killers we decided to not take the narcotic ones because you can get addicted within three days, then you got one hell... headache while the body goes through WITHDRAWAL My Chinese Medicine doctor treated me a few years back after oral surgery and I could not figure out why I had a lingering mega headache . He told me it was withdrawal from pain killers since it narcotics . This time we opted for Ibuprofen and worked fine, we took almost an entire bottle of them over the course of two weeks.

First day it was okay, my husband face was puffy , bruised, and he was in pain. second day big chipmunk cheeks, second and third day pain and nose bleeds from sinus life, four days later still swollen and on ibuprofen every few hours. I wish I never saw this doctor I had four sites. It was a pretty intense recovery I'm could not get my head in the right position on the pillow to sleep I felt uneasy, dizzy, flu like I had to take a sleeping pill to knock me out. I think it took twelve days to begin to feel closer to normal but not all the way there. I was gonna skip the Antibiotics , but since it is so close to the brain I just took it and ate tons of homemade yogurt with gazillion probiotics. I noticed one site was oozing pus, swelling and smelled very bad ..supposed to be normal for week one but it was an infection in my case. I was put on more Antibiotics then third week he removed the membrane to let the infection works it way out .. which was hell of a way to deal with an infection
So, saline solution gargles and I used 3% hydrogen peroxide in water to rinse with at night before bed.

Years before we both had bone grafts done with our holistic biological dentist and we had no issues, no pain either because they do that centrifuge, where they spin your blood and put into the surgery site afterwards to minimize pain and have better recovery and helps to create the blood clot Again this eliminates almost all of the pain I think I took one Ibuprofen if that when I had it done with that dentist but for a sinus lift you have to see an oral surgeon.

Best to choose a very gentle surgeon, that uses centrifuge that is the key if you do not want pain and again someone is gentle and has smaller hands. And of course patient testimony and reviews are important but go with your gut

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.01 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=2369636