CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: mirena side effects by meadowlark86 ..... Mirena, Skyla IUD Forum

Date:   4/22/2017 5:35:04 PM ( 7 y ago)
Hits:   1,146
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2364363

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

I had a number of those symptoms as well--pins and needles in hands/feet as well as an elevated heart rate (including, at the worst point, palpitations and a racing heartbeat that lasted for days, making it impossible to sleep) and elevated blood pressure. You will find MANY women on this forum with all of those issues. I didn't have back pain while on Mirena but I did get some killer pain in my lower back about six weeks after it was removed (this was the week before my second post-Mirena period, part of my "crash")--a PMS symptom I had never had before and haven't had again since.

A lot of people think that these issues are from the silicone, and that may be true in some cases, but all of these symptoms can result from hormonal imbalances, and I think that that was the case for me (my symptoms post-removal have followed predictable patterns that track my menstrual cycle—I've been using the fertility awareness method since the IUD came out, so I have a good idea of when I'm ovulating, etc). But even with some lingering issues that often happen in the week before my period (though this seems to be getting better each month!) it is SO SO SO much better than when I had the Mirena. I feel like a new person!! It is worth getting it out and trying to get your body back to a healthy hormonal balance. Our hormones affect everything in our bodies!

You won't know if Mirena is the cause of--or at least contributing to--your issues unless you have it removed. And if you have underlying hormonal issues that are causing heavy bleeding, etc, synthetic hormones will not fix those issues--at best they only temporarily cover them up, at worst they create new, and often much worse, problems. There are natural ways to improve your hormonal balance (e.g., eating a good diet with lots of veggies and healthy fats and cutting out certain kinds of vegetable oils, like corn and canola, as well as processed foods).

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.00 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=2364363