CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Underweight, starting 30 day water fast to regain hunger signals - safe? by #69242 ..... Fasting: Water Only

Date:   4/14/2017 6:25:57 AM ( 7 years ago ago)
Hits:   1,030
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2363166

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

Hello dear,

I too have fasted from quite an underweight beginning. It's starts out lardee-dar... Lovely.
But by the end you end up a stinking rotting barely walking corpse that looks clinically anorexic and shod be tube fed. It's not a good look and there are much better ways to gain appetite . I would try a series of three ten day fasts with at least 20 days refeeding in between. Or try doing good hard work, increase your physical activity, add some cardiovascular exercise, and your metabolic rate would thus increase, and your body would require more fuel. Calculate your daily macros and aim for those calories, increasing as needed. There are many online tools for doing this.

Even if you only manage a few mouthfuls each meal - that's completely fine! Have 6 sml snack/meals, and make each mouthful extremely nutritious. If you have three mouthfuls at breakfast, aim for 3 at morning tea and at least 4-5 at lunch. Make your food calorie dense: egs are tahini and nuts and nut spread, avocado, raw honey and molasses, raw organic grassfed butter, raw coconut oil, dates and other dry fruit. These are highly concentrated foods that the body only needs small amounts but have dense nutrition.

Be relaxed, happy, peaceful when eating. Let go and release everything to God/ the power/universe and eat from a contented heart knowing that you are giving your body it's rights...
LET go!!

Eat what you need.
Take it from somebody who did this: it can be very hard to recover after a hecticly over-done fast when being underweight. Family will have a fit and can accuse of eating disorders, and one needs to start over from scratch if the body is too too depleted and needs to gain muscle mass all over again.

Many ways to skin a cat. (Eww)

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.01 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=2363166