CureZone   Log On   Join

Feeling crazy on desiccated thyroid, anyone? by Dieguismomma ..... Ask CureZone Community

Date:   12/30/2016 4:30:52 PM ( 8 y ago)
Hits:   1,046
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2349150

So I had a psychotic breakdown about eight years ago, I've been diagnosed with CPTSD. Since then I've been healing, slowly but surely, and I feel so much better emotionally but physically I've gotten worse every year. It has been really difficult to diagnose me with thyroid issues, since a lot of the PTSD symptoms overlap. My doctor keeps dismissing me and telling me to join a support group. I cannot sleep for weeks at a time, I have exhausted my adrenals and I feel fatigued ALL the time, and mental fog, that I can't barely function, I don't know how I've been able to keep a job all these years. Anyway, long story short, I've taken a turn for the worse this year, at first I thought it was fibromyalgia, since I have pain in my joints and worse in the morning and afternoon, and night, actually all the time! I've tried about four different acupuncturists, and had no results. I learned to muscle test, so I usually can figure things a bit out, but I'm not a trained professional. I've been at my wits end, I've spent all my money trying to get better and felt hopeless. My Kaiser doctor ran the usual tests, THS and T3 and T4, and they all look "normal". I insisted she test my TPO and Thyroglobulin antibodies, but she only ran the TPO, it came back at 11, Mayo Clinic considers anything over 9 to be autoimmune, Kaiser says 34!

My point. I found an AMAZING nutritionist who was able to muscle test diagnose me with Hypothyroidism/Hashimotos. I've been gluten and corn free for a month now, and I'm feeling a bit better. I've been doing the full GAPS diet, drinking tons of bone broth and I feel a little better. Its REALLLY slow, but I feel like I'm on the right track now. She's put me on desiccated thyroid, but my sleep is worse than ever, I wake up at 3 am almost every night with terrible nightmares. Has anyone else felt like this on thyroid meds? I feel crazy. Like more exhausted some days, and then anxious, and hot and cold then I see a bit of improvement, only to feel so exhausted, it takes me an hour to get out of bed in the morning. Please help

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=2349150