CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: water filters by the6step ..... Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team

Date:   11/5/2016 8:09:37 AM ( 8 y ago)
Hits:   1,019
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2341711

Hey Grizz,

I'm more of a third party here just trying to soak up knowledge (recently started the Iodine protocol) However the whole distilled vs Berkey angle doesn't seem 100% solid. Me personally I just want to buy the best thing possible but from comments and research it doesn't seem like it.

1. Berkey is much more convenient, and can filter gallons in hours vs 5 hours for 1 gallon (for the best selling distiller on Amazon, which not fast enough and doesn't hold enough water for me.. and I'm not spending 600+ on a 4 gallon+ distiller) Also no having to descale it like you do a distiller. Also not having to be subject to the noise of the distillation process. And I am just one person but I need a lot of water to drink, I need water to cook, I need water to soak fruits / veggies in.

2. Price. Distilled requires electricity and in the long run is much more expensive.

3. Distilled strips out the minerals. Obviously you can add trace minerals back in but what's the point?

Now I know Trapper is for distilled but when asked about it he posted a long page of information, half of which speaks against tap water / bottled water, and only slightly touches on carbon filtered water and doesn't specifically address the way water from Berkley is filtered... I've also seen people online who have said that the quality of the distilled depends on where you live, and multiple people specifically said it didn't filter out the water as well as a Berkey did

I know Trapper talked about leaving his water outside in the woods... I don't have that type of option. I live in a big city... and maybe that's also the reason distillation works well for you guys, as you live in a place that may have better water quality to start with?

The argument for distilled just isn't convincing enough for me.

//www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1031650

This almost a decade old post Trapper made (possibly citing a source even older) espouses the joys of distilled water but mostly is just talking about clean water vs tap water. They spend a paragraph on filtered water, merely saying that it may not filter viruses out from the water which is valid but isn't a pressing concern to me and if this is the main reason it should at least be labeled as such, e.g. (drink distilled water as you avoid viruses that way) though you'd have to quantify how many people get viruses from filtered potable water.

Maybe I'm chiming in too late here. Maybe it's not fair I proceed to debate very old opinions / viewpoints. It's not like I don't trust you guys (I've been using your Iodine docs extensively Grizz and I sent a check to Trapper for SSKI ) but... I just don't fully see the advantage of distilled. Thoughts?

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=2341711