CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Caffeine Addiction Ruined My Health by #69242 ..... Ask CureZone Community

Date:   10/7/2016 5:18:59 AM ( 8 y ago)
Hits:   2,047
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2338027

Had a similar situation while in uni... I would dilute many many NoDoz pills in a jumbo cappuccino and then chase it with a jumbo redbull... makes me sick thinking about it. Carried on like that for about 1.5 years. It made my ovaries and my adrenal glands swell up and I would have very large noticeable bodges on my flanks from it.. I would be always wired...

I eventually stopped as you did with the help of trusty green tea and it took about 8 months to really ween. i did earl grey tea after coffee, then the green,,, also try Japanese brown rice tea, it has special qualities to help those who give up caffeine!

I found my addiction was to the sweetener in the coffee and the msg created by the warming of the milk - and the caffeine!... its a true story.. Read about it.... a book that comes to mind is 'BEAT STRESS AND FATIGUE - by patric holford' in it this chap recommends a diet regime and how to kick the stuff... I read it too late afterwards, but If I relapse i sometimes refer to it... quite good.

so then I went to dandelion latte and rooibos tea (with warm milk and honey)

I sill every so often when Im under stress do the milky sweet teas and even the green tea for medical benefits, but that will be for like a 3 week naughty stint every year and a half.
Coffee is a nono for me.

I do have turmeric latte (turmeric, honey, cinnamon, hot water coconut oil and copious amounts of butter) or the same with dandelion.

Use fat to compensate for caffeine.. it feeds the nerves. If you eat meat... try the breast of the chicken (organic free range) as it has something that also feeds the nerves like nothing else (i forgot what this thing is) and good B vitamins...

I did also find Siberian ginseng helpful and liquorice- despite what people say about it not being for adrenal issues.

I used to suffer from crazy cortisol levels and unable to wind down and relax to actually go to bed ( once in bed I was ok) I was like a hyper naughty 3 year old. I would start sewing or net research projects at 12:30 at night.

My hormones were off (I have PCOS ovarian cyst) but only by a very marginal bit!!! I did do pregnenolone but like just a tiny bit from a 50mg casual every few days and the body synthesises over a few days. DONT GO HARD CORE WITH THIS! just for like 3-4 weeks at the max 2 months.

I am now happy to say praise to God, I am not addicted to delicious sweet warm milky beverages, nor caffeine nor chocolate. I kicked them all the curve.. I haven't touched redbull in years - since 2013... just give yourself time to heal.

bottom line.. FEED your nerves...with fat and protein. coconut oil, ridiculously yummy amounts of butter, avocado, eggs (often), chicken if you eat that....

croud your caffine out... have smoothies, herbals teas, lemon in h20, and there will hardly be room for the green tea.

It was hard... and every time I go through a stress (last one was a court matter) my body remembers coffee and chocolate as my old friends and will stop at noting to get them as that was the way I used to cope with everything. I try to just give myself healthy substitutes (carob and dandelion) and it kind of shuts it up and just gets on with it. Don't give in to it as it will start all over again!

Fasting also helps.. but only short fasts until you are much stronger... start small, and far intervals. breaks the addiction

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=2338027