CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Leaving them alone (healing blog - updated weekly) by Tergot223 ..... Peeling Lips Exfoliative Cheilitis

Date:   5/30/2016 5:04:29 PM ( 8 y ago)
Hits:   9,344
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2320010

Not sure at all about the steroid, not the best person to ask.

Just popped in to say that some calendula ointment I ordered arrived today and I've applied it twice so far. It's got some other things in it, list as follows:

organically grown helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, organically grown calendula officinalis (calendula also called pot marigold), cera flava (beeswax), tocopherol (vitamin e).

The texture of the mixture needs a little more work to get it to liquidate on the finger. It is not absorbed into the skin as quickly as coconut oil. In fact I only need to apply it once every few hours, versus once every 30mins for coconut oil. I'm not sure whether this is good or bad. It's a similar sort of consistency to aquaphor. I've had it on all day and have felt a bit of tingling (lip quivers) having it on.

I had some scabs exfoliative this evening after the shower (mostly bottom lip), and the skin underneath was a disappointing deeper red and sensitive/sticky to the touch. Perhaps I am expecting to see change to fast but so far it feels like I'm not. In the back of my mind I wonder if applying these barriers is helping heal or just slowing down the time it takes for build up. If build up is what is needed I wonder if just putting nothing at all on them may be a better option. Comparing this approach to some others on here such as daniel miller (and others), they seem to have made better progress using a moisturiser. It's so hard to know. I think I must stick with this approach now for at least 3 months first. It's a worry whether moisture on a wound will somehow prevent new skin from forming over old.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=2320010