CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Seizure and Mirena IUD by tmurray ..... Mirena, Skyla IUD Forum

Date:   2/4/2016 1:14:42 PM ( 8 y ago)
Hits:   3,487
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2301804

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

tmurray8992@gmail.com.......I exhibit and experience symptoms and complications that I've never had before. I had the Mirena inserted in 2007. Shortly afterwards my husband would tell me that he didn't think I was acting like myself with being sleepy, confused and feeling fatigued all the time. I suffered my first seizure on 06/2009 according to my husband because I don't remember anything about it. All I remember was waking up and looking at the EMT's with them asking me have I ever had seizures before while on my way to the hospital. I started having them about every other day. Some was when I will fall out and there was some where I would just sit and stare according to my husband and children. I was referred to a Neurologists. The Neurologist did confirm me with having seizures but could not tell me the reason why even after having numerous tests done. Not knowing what was going I had the second Mirena inserted 05/2012. Since then I've had three car accidents. One on 11/2010, one on 03/2013 and the third on 12/2014 / The physician stop me from driving. I was put on short-term disability with my job for 3 months. When I returned I was still having the seizures, so I was released from my job due to the inability to complete my daily work-related assignments. This caused a huge disruption in my life and especially with my husband children. I am currently taking two high doses of seizure meds. After asking question and researching on the web, I then immediately realized that it was the Mirena that was causing all these complications/side effects I was having. I had it removed 04/2015. That was the best decision I've ever made in my life. Many of the side effect was gone within 12-24 hours. I've had many other side effects from this Mirena also. I've had three lithotripsies in the past nine months because of kidney stone, due to one of the seizure meds I was taking, but then I also saw where this thing can have a huge effect on your bladder and Kidneys. I too like many of you was told by the first 2 Neurologists and Gyn that the Mirena is not likely the cause of my problems and I just simply told them YES IT WAS!!! So I left them and went to another Neurologists who told me that there were some strong correlations that the side effects I was having was due to the Mirena. Then he explained to me the Hormone history of this thing and why I was having the seizures. I've had 4 EEG's and they all came back normal along with several other tests. Last one was done on 01/2015. I've had 2 seizures since I had it removed in 04/2015, but none since October 2015. I was also put into the hospital due to the Mirena causing a significant depletion in my vitamin K levels and several other necessary vitamins/essentials the body runs on. I'll never be able to pay all of the hospital, physician office or ER bills. I wrote the FDA and Erin Brockovich (who is an advocate for women against the Mirena). I received response from both. I always tell others in relations to the Mirena, if you did it, undo it!......and if you are thinking about it, forget it! It is dangerous and Bayer Pharmaceutical knew it!

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=2301804