CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Intense Itching/Burning Scalp and Hair Loss by #198031 ..... Candida & Dysbiosis Forum

Date:   11/20/2015 7:18:07 AM ( 9 y ago)
Hits:   11,814
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2288420

Hi,
Also an AA female. I've been suffering from this burning scalp syndrome since I was 14 and now I'm 27. My hair would grow and fall in cycles. The falling always out weighed the growth and the burning never went away. When this whole thing first started I was a 14yr girl under tons of stress, so that most likely caused a huge imbalance in my hormones and weakened my immune system.

I didn't make the candida connection until a few years ago. I moved to FL (a humid state) and my hair loss and other symptoms got worst! Since then I've spent so much money trying to get rid of it.

What has worked: detox liver and kidney teas, avoiding sugar/wheat/potatoes/corn/soy/dairy/tomato (It's hard to follow but I have successful and unsuccessful months),mixture of anti-candida supplements, vegetable/plant-based protein/nutrient drinks (They come in powder form. I do this to balance my love of fries and to try to be healthy while I battle candida) and ashwagandha.

I've been doing these on and off for the past 2 yrs, this has helped to some degree. I was able to finally grow my hair past my chin. Recently I've added ashwagandha this last month and I've feel like it's accelerated the process. Ashwagandha is an immune booster, helps mental focus, improves mood and balances adrenal glands and thyroid function.

The way I experience die off is through post-nasal drips, lots and lots of mental fog (I am in graduate school, so this has been the hardest to deal with), increased scalp pain, sore throat, and muscle pain (shoulders and neck).

I've also added molybdenum to deal with some of the mental fog and because it helps detox the harmful candida chemicals, which in turn helps your liver.

My hair is still falling to some degree, but it's also growing better than it has in a long time. The scalp pain is still there also to some degree. Now my hair is shoulder length! And I haven't been able to achieve that since 14! My next goal is armpit length hair for graduation. I'll update you on the progress.

Good luck! Keep me posted on any success!

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.00 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=2288420