CureZone   Log On   Join

Question about breaking short term fast (juicing vs master cleanse vs whole foods) by #203645 ..... Fasting: Water Only

Date:   11/9/2015 10:25:37 AM ( 9 y ago)
Hits:   2,069
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2286690

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

Hi (first post on forums, hopefully picked the right ones)

The past three days I have been fasting on mainly water. It has not been a strict Water Fast as I drank tea, took vitamins, and added 0 calorie electrolytes to my water a few times. I usually fast for 24 hours a few times each month, but after 2 weeks of extremely unhealthy/excessive eating I decided to try a longer to "reset" and think about my relationship with food. I gained 70 pounds over the past year and a half after going on a medication that caused some weight gain, which then resulted in me stopping all physical activity and developing bad habits, including binge eating. I thought a Water Fast would be a good kickstart to losing this weight as well.

It is the 4th day and I planned on ending the fast today. I do not feel hungry and enjoy not having to worry about food but I feel weaker and am wary of continuing on. I did a two day Water Fast last year and woke up on the third day with very low blood Sugar and my face was white as a sheet. It was a frightening experience and I would not like to risk that happening again (why I took supplements and some electrolytes this time).

As much as I would like to continue on and test my limits, things are quite busy for me right now, and I am concerned about the longer time needed to break the fast if I continue. I'm considering switching to juice/master cleanse type drink for a day(today) or two, then going on to steamed vegetables and possibly grains(?) by the third day. Alternatively I'll have hot water and lemon with some honey today, then eat vegetables tomorrow.

I'm also deciding if I should aim for a plant based, low fat lifestyle with mostly complex starches (same idea as eating to pacify my dosha type, kapha) or eating to maintain ketosis/low carb. I like that ketosis causes a reduction in appetite and for a long time I thought I was resistant to carbohydrates, but cutting out fruit, grains, and some vegetables is not realistic long term for me. My goal is fat loss and health, generally just to feel better since with my current lifestyle I am heading towards type 2 diabetes, which I want to prevent. Does anyone have advice on how to proceed, or how to best break the fast? I have a slower than normal metabolism to begin with so I don't want to worsen that, and am sensitive to simple starches (IBS).

Thanks so much and sorry for the long message!

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.00 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=2286690