CureZone   Log On   Join

Cured my adrenal fatigue with Medrol! by AndriesvanRiezen ..... Adrenal Fatigue Forum

Date:   8/17/2015 10:33:56 AM ( 9 y ago)
Hits:   6,171
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2271366

Let me start this "message" by explaining that English is not my native language (might have some grammer mistakes)

Hello everyone,

I have been suffering from adrenal fatigue for the last 3-4 years. I have had my saliva test which showed a morning spike of 8 (optimal range 18-35).

I have been to numerous doctors who had put me on several anti depressive medication. It started with the old classic SSRI's. Paxil (back in the days)and Cipralex (more recent). They didn't help at all. My sympoms where:

- Dramatic low energy levels
- I was not responding to stimulants at all anymore
- Depressive moods
- Anxiety
- Low back pain (kidney region)
- No motivation at all
- No libido
- Extreme brainfog

I have to agree that most of these symptoms sound like depression. But if you have no energy and motivation and 0 sex drive wouldn't that cause a low mood? I mean have you ever seen someone that is super exhausted but in a super happy mood?

My doctor couldn't figure it out, so he put me on an SNRi. With the extra boost in Nor-adrenaline i should of had a bit more motivation but again 0.

Then Wellbutrin, which worked the first week then back to 0 and panic attacks.

I showed him my cortisol results, but he said "adrenal fatigues simply doesn't excist"
Now he is so frustrated with me that he booked an apointment with the Endro. He said you are one of the most severe cases of Depression i have seen, but noting responds.

I have been in the health/wellness sector for quite a few years (have been formulation for nutritional supplement companies). I knew it was my adrenals, considering i could fall a sleep after taking some caffeine + ephedrine.

I started taking natural herbs and vitamins to heal the adrenals. Ortho-adapt by AOR. Which worked great for a week, then it resulted in adrenal crashes.

I don't want to write a book here, so ill sum it up. I prescriped myself Medrol (methylprednisolone). Which is a long acting cortisol (Let me state, that I would not recommend this to anyone! I have done extensive research before I started) There are a lot of risk with taking cortisol: Adrenal shutdown, Adrenal gland atrophy which are life changing. I started with a very low dose of 1 mg (broke the 4mg tablet, 4 ways). I bumped it up to 2mg and thats where i stay. First week was a nightmare, I had severe moodswings and felt even more tired. 2 hours after the 2mg i would actually feel depressed.

I was determined to try it for 1 week. then taper off. Iam 3 weeks in now, and I feel reborn. My energy is awesome, my libido is up, my social anxiety is gone, my overall anxiety is gone and a surprising benefit I see a lot more results from weight training! (and that while cortisol is Catabolic!) 2mg is equilivant to 10mg natural cortisol. So all I am doing is bringing my corstisol produced by my weakend adrenals up to "normal" levels. I forgot to take it 1 day, in which I thought I would die, but nothing I still felt great.

I am a believer in healing rather then pushing cortisol in your body. But I have tried it all, Herbs, vitamins, adrenal cortex, licorice and staying off caffeine for months. I also eat very healthy with low to no sugars.

I will continue the Medrol for 1 more week then taper of very slowly and see if my adrenal glands have caught up! But in the mean time, I enjoy feeling better then I ever did!

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.03 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=2271366