CureZone   Log On   Join

Thyroid Nodules - please help! by #193284 ..... Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team

Date:   6/8/2015 8:21:04 AM ( 9 y ago)
Hits:   3,037
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2258241

I would like to humbly make a suggestion to those running the Iodine forum. Would it be wise for people to get thyroid ultrasound scans before trying iodine????

I researched your information before I started Iodine as I was having hypothyroid symptoms with severe fatigue. I did the companion nutrients ahead of time and took Iodorol and then Lugols.

In the end, my thyroid became very painful with bad hyperthyroid symptoms. Highblood pressure, high heart rate, horrible anxiety and still horrible fatigue. I have been suffering since March and had to start taking prescription pain meds, anxiety meds and beta blocker. Been lowering these but its so slow.

I have four thyroid nodules plus tiny ones and cysts that are too numerous to count. I supposedly have the NIS symporter defect. Dr. Flechas protocol to fix includes Iodine which is what caused this in the first place.

The thought is that I may have a hot nodule and the iodine irriated it. My two doctors can't figure out why I have thyroid pain since it doesn't show up in labs. They are sending me to an ENT.

I have been told the only recourse is to have the hot nodule removed. I decided to do a liver cleanse and gallbladder cleanse which is the only thing that seems to be helping a bit. I have been slowly improving but it is very, very slow.

I am also on bio identical progesterone for estrogen dominance.

I can't wait for this nightmare to be overwith.

My next option is a RAI scan with a ten day low iodine diet. I am very scared that the "safe" RA iodine and scan will send my thyroid into a tizzy again. The ultrasound made my thyroid go crazy.

If anyone has any thoughts or auggestions , I would appreciate it. Our diet has been sufficient with iodine as my husband showed up sufficient.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=2258241