CureZone   Log On   Join

Hidradenitis by kaligt ..... Hidradenitis Suppurativa Forum

Date:   5/31/2015 7:44:55 PM ( 9 y ago)
Hits:   1,434
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2256814

I am new here and have HS. Something strange is happening. Let me first ask this question. Do any of you with HS have an allergy to sulphur?

Let me explain. I was first stricken with HS at the age of 14 on my face while on penicillin for something else. When the breakout occurred they said it was the allergy to penicillin. Needless to say as the years went on i was treated with every abx you could think of. The only ones that did seem to work were mainline. Right into the vein. Some did have sulphates and some did not. So many years have gone by i have lost track but do remember some.
Anyway i have been on furosemide water pill for almost two years. I have not had full blown attacks but have been teased now and then with a hint of a cyst throwing me into a panic. But then after some rest and a painkiller or two it would go away.
But then last week i had to increase the water pill. All of a sudden i had a break out of HS on my arms. Then my back and then my chest and now on my incision from open heart. Very painful. At this time i was not thinking it was the meds causing this. When i left my doctor and went to the pharmacy all of a sudden it stuck me . I asked..."can you be allergic to these pills?" She said "of course. Do you have an allergy to sulfur?" I said "yeah i do."
So now i had to continue taking them for the weekend till my dr, gets in on Monday. BUT meanwhile i looked up drugs with sulphates. Many of the abx we take has it. Many other drugs including painkillers have it.
I have always been convinced that with HS and with shingles there is a common denominator sitting in our shadows. As so with many other incurable disease's. I truly believe that sulphur may be one of them. Ask yourself why so many abx's have not worked????? Many have sulphate.!!!!! Please let me know. In fact, i don't think you need to be allergic...I think it is a cause. I have been to hell and back again with this disease. Many surgery's and plastic surgery's for reconstruction. For at least ten years it took over my life and in between was just as much hell.

If ever in my life I want to be right it is now. Thanks for reading.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=2256814