CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Dextroamphetamine, getting OFF, please help!? by alinc ..... Adrenal Fatigue Forum

Date:   5/3/2015 5:41:23 PM ( 9 years ago ago)
Hits:   4,132
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2251353

I can relate. I have the same issue going on with adderall and it's such a messed up cycle with this chemical and how it affects my body & brain. These prescription amphetamines (along with benzos) are f'd up drugs. They should be outlawed.

So you've been off the amphetamines for 18 days or just alcohol?

Good job by the way with the not drinking! That is awesome! Go to AA for the support if you get cravings. It is a successful program that works. Whatever you can to stay sober, ya know

If you can find a naturopathic doctor that could help you figure out the root cause of the fatigue, that should be the 1st thing you do. Don't waste your time going to a regular MD, they know nothing and aren't trained to resolve the root issue. You want to figure out what is making you feel the way you do. A Chiropractor is another option if you can't locate a naturopath.

WIth the adderall or any amphetamine, you will feel like complete garbage for the first week being off of them. That's my experience and every single story that I have read goes the same way. No energy, irritable, depressed, brain fog, no attention span for at least the 1st week. The best thing to do is prepare yourself for it, mentally.
A year ago, around the time the law changed *THANK GOD it did* with regard to controlled subs, I was no longer able to get the never ending amounts that I used to get. 1 script was a 1/4 of what I consumed in 1 months time and that was all I had. I would run out like 7 or 9 days into the script. I was forced to go through not having the pills and the cycle was the same, actually is the same. Now I take them as prescribed minus 5 6 days, depends on whats happening in my life really.
But, after about a week of being free from that junk, you start to get your energy back. Your activity level will sky rocket with no effort really. It's called normal functioning that we have lost over time, but our awareness to this fact is hard to see through the meds. Your concentration will start to get better around day 10 or 11 and you'll start to feel enjoyment and happiness a little too.
Take a B complex, Omega 3s are a must too.

If your main issue is fatigue, you will solve half the problem by going off the amphetamines. They actually have the opposite effect than you would think. If the problem is focus/attention being able to concentrate on tasks, reading and retaining, then I don't know. Being able to focus is what I take it for. It's very upsetting. I was the chick that had to read the page 3 times before grasping the info... I pretty much accepted the fact that I would have to study much longer than everyone else to get good grades. It was what it was . I didn't seek a dr. for medicine until after I tried some of my friends' script and enjoyed reading a book.

Oh, getting a therapist might help if you have lots of emotional distress that needs to be worked through.

Hope I said something helpful.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.01 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=2251353