CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Breathing and muscle-memory by Piuma ..... Adrenal Fatigue Forum

Date:   3/10/2015 11:24:47 PM ( 9 years ago ago)
Hits:   4,029
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2241866

Thank you for the advice....

I definitely have a lot of stressors and fears about the future. They bubble below the surface and come raging to the front when I am not feeling well.

But what do you do when you know some of the anxiety is purely chemical. For example I feel worse before the start of my cycle and some relief from anxiety once my cycle starts.

I do believe hormones play a large role in how you feel. On days your hormones are aligned, it's much easier to deal with stress including major upheavals. But if your adrenal/hormones are compromised, it makes it difficult to deal with ANY stressors or feelings of being over stimulated.

Today at the advise of my primary dr, I went to go see a psychiatrist. After hearing my story, she wasn't even sure she could help me. She offered me an antiepileptic drug to reduce anxiety or anxious feelings since SSRIs make me feel worse.

My ND wants me to stick with a holistic approach to help balance out my adrenals and hormones...

What to do? I would love to find the reason for my dysregulated cortisol levels and fix it but I am tired of trying to figure this out. I know some will say its all mental but my cortisol spikes happen at very specific times regardless of what I am doing. It's the same as when I gave birth to my son. Call it fluctuating hormones or the effects of the anesthesia, for 3 days after I gave birth i had panic attacks that happened at the same time every day. After a week the anxiety was gone.

It's very appealing to think if I take a pill that it will curb the anxiety and my adrenals will stop taking a battering regardless of what my estrogen/progesterone do that day?!?

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=2241866