CureZone   Log On   Join

Bartholin's abscess : Please help by Katie5321 ..... Bartholin’s Gland Abscess

Date:   2/18/2015 4:50:41 AM ( 9 y ago)
Hits:   4,657
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2237413

Hello,

I am 30 years old and had urine infection 2 weeks earlier. I went to the doctor and she prescribed me 5 days Antibiotics and anti-inflammation medicine. She found white blood cells in my urine and said it was bacterial infection. After taking that medicine I got better; but after 4 days I again had trouble urinating. I went to the doctor again and she said that the bacteria was probably not out of my system completely and she prescribed the same medicine for 5 more days. After 1 day I noticed a lump in the left lip of my vagina. I did not find any pre signature of that growing but it seemed that it has grown up like a small size egg suddenly. I was in very much pain and burning sensation inside my vagina. Then I went to my GYN who poked that thing and said that I have bartholin abscess. The doctor said she would drain it immediately but I wanted to wait and see if by Antibiotics and other methods it can be healed. The doctor said she is not sure that it may heal by that but she prescribed me some Antibiotic and painkillers for 5 days anyway. I started searching in the internet and found that hot compress and sitz bath can help. Initially I used hot compress with just warm water and chamomile tea and then on the next day saw that the abscess is of the same size but the burning sensation was gone. Then started using sitz bath with Sea Salt and tea tree oil and hot compress with chamomile tea and tea tree oil from yesterday. Now I thing the abscess is of the same size (maybe slightly bigger) and having pain but not the burning sensation like earlier. I am also on the Antibiotics prescribed by the doctor. The abscess is now for nearly 5 days and I do not know what is going to happen. I read in the miracle method book that it will open the bartholin duct and drain out the liquid automatically but somewhere some girls said that it will become bigger and then burst. I really do not know what will happen. Should I consult the doctor again after the antibiotics ends (since I am afraid that without the antibiotics some infection can come again if the abscess remains big) ? Or I should just continue the method I am using right now ? Do you think that it may stay as it is, if it is not drained by surgery ? Please help me in this issue. I am really afraid of my present situation. I do not have witch hazel or lavender oil. Will it cause any problem if I just use tea tree oil, Sea Salt and chamomile ? During hot compress I am using 8 drops tea tree oil and 3 chamomile tea bags in nearly 1 litre warm water and using a sponge to press the water in that area. Is the proportion good?

I also have PCOS. I am on oral contraceptive pills as suggested by my GYN. Does PCOS have anything to do with the bartholin cyst ? Kindly help me and post your suggestions.

Thanks,
Katie

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.03 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=2237413