CureZone   Log On   Join

Karen's Favourite Guacamole by plzchuckle ..... Barefooters' Library

Date:   11/28/2013 4:49:39 PM ( 11 years ago ago)
Hits:   5,678
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2128354

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

Guacamole is a classic recipe at the best of times. This version is slightly different to the norm, but gorgeous! With the addition of cumin to this otherwise classic recipe, I think this is one you'll want to keep pinned up in your kitchen for ongoing reference! Enjoy.

Ingredients:

* 2 ripe avocados

* 1-2 teaspoons of cumin powder (to your taste, and depends on size of avocados)

* Juice of 1-2 lemons (depending on sweetness and amount of juice)

* 1 small onion (red onion works better)

Directions

1) Slice your avocados in half and remove the pits. (NB: It's important that they're ripe - to check, they must "give" a little when squeezed). Remove the flesh and spoon into a bowl. Mash well with a fork, adding the lemon juice if it's hard going!

2) Add in the cumin powder (err on the side of caution first and add less than you think you might need), the lemon juice and very finely chopped onion.

3) Mix all ingredients together by hand making sure the cumin and onion are spread evenly throughout the mixture.

4) Taste-test. Adapt as desired. If you like tomato in your guacamole, now's the time to add it!

5) When you're happy with your mixture, serve with crackers, as a side dish or as a filing for a wrap or roll.

RAW COACH'S TOP TIPS:

* Don't be afraid to add more ingredients to this recipe - tomato, red pepper, coriander (cilantro), basil, swap onion for garlic - it's all up to you.

* If you're making a large batch and need to keep it fresh for a few hours, put the avocado stones (pits) in the bowl with the mixture and cover well. Refrigerate. All of these things will help it stay looking and tasting good.

Karen Knowler, The Raw Food Coach publishes "Successfully Raw" - a free weekly eZine for raw food lovers everywhere. If you're ready to look good, feel great and create a raw life you love get your FREE tips, tools and recipes now at www.TheRawFoodCoach.com

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=2128354