CureZone   Log On   Join

Sudden Fainting or lighthead shortness of breath by JMPaul ..... Neurology Forum

Date:   7/28/2013 4:08:18 AM ( 11 y ago)
Hits:   4,187
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2088075

Here's my deal in a nutshell.
Any information you guys have about what this sounds like, or what you would do if you were me, please let me know! Thanks!

Male 28 years
build: skinny 5'9, 116 lbs/53 kilos (lost 12 lbs/8 kilos after changing to a health diet when I got sick)

Symptoms occur without being anxious or panicking and happen on their own.

symptoms: burning nausea at night sometimes, sudden onset of lightheadedness and/or fainting, accompanied by shortness of breath, decreased movement in arms or legs (feel like hard to move stumps, lol). Facial numbness, protruding vein in left temple that isn't too bad but more than it used to be. Afternoon lightheadedness & fatigue (noon-6pm), occasional heart palpitations, sometimes several in a row (premature or skipped beats) usually when I'm standing or sitting up straight. I'm not excessively thursty and I don't have any rashes. I don't have blood in stools or blood in urin, those are pretty much fine. I don't have diharrhea or how ever you spell that stupid word, I do have constipation pretty often though. I have a good diet and good exercise without overdoing it (nuts, seeds, fish, chicken, whole grains, veg, fruit, etc)

description: I'll be sitting there or lying down relaxing, then suddenly I get what feels like a build up or irritation in the body, like achiness and flowing feeling, it hits me with a sudden feeling like I might pass out and I feel out of breath, I try to walk around and my arms become harder to lift or my legs become hard to walk around on like stumps. SO I lay down and after about a minute or two it goes away and I'm ble to move normally again. What the heck?? lol..

tests:
blood pressure: each test showed 120/75 one time it was 110/70
2 EKGs: normal
blood potassium, sodium, iron, calcium, b12: normal
glucose: showed normal twice,
(both times during a fasting morning blood test) is this enough to rule out diabetes and hypoglycemia?
Thyroid blood test TSH, T3, T4: normal
reflexes, pupil dilation, walking: normal unless in one of the attacks then it's slightly harder to walk but not too bad. I've had occasional radiating upper back pain for about 9 years, and have had silent reflux symptoms for about 9 years also (mucus from stomach and acid occasionally).

If this sounds at all familiar to you guys, please let me know, and please let me know if you know if glucose tested twice (from two different fasting morning tests) is enough to rule out diabetes, and is that also enough to rule out hypoglycemia? Thanks!!!

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.03 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=2088075