CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Low norepinephrine? by amber1921 ..... Adrenal Fatigue Forum

Date:   5/28/2013 9:25:32 AM ( 11 y ago)
Hits:   15,127
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2069549

Purplepixie

Thank you for replying. This topic switched to the discussion of the use antidepressants and meanwhile I was asking about low norepinephrine levels and AF:) I guess you can't mention SSRI/SNRI on CureZone without trigerring a heated debate. I should have known that.LOL.

Norepinephrine falls low in near addison's level? I should look into this.
It makes sense to me because I feel really awful when I'm off Wellbutrin for a couple of months... I hoped I was recovering really well until the effects of low norepinephrine cought up to me and I crashed.

At first I thought it was Wellbutrin withdrawal but if it was indeed a withdrawal effect then it would be getting better not worse after a few months. It appears that my body is lacking something.

I think that recovering from AF should include both components: supporting the adrenals and neurotransmitter levels. It's a very delicate balance but if you only care about the adrenals like Lam says then it might never fully work because they have to get the proper signaling from the pituitary/hypothalamus.

For me at this point it involves taking an antidepressant although I'm not even depressed.

I tried all the supplements for neurotransmitter support: Tyrosine, PEA, Mucuna Pruriens, Theanine, Sulbutiamine and much more but they all work only for short period of time and cause even lower norepi/dopamine dip. I started drinking tea with caffeine because it relieved my asthma-like symptoms and chronic myalgia. But then I asked myself why am I doing all this? None of those things worked properly and I could be creating more imbalances by taking various supplements which don't work anyway but cause even more unpredictable side-effects?

Testing neurotransmitter levels particularly norepinephrine is a waste of time in my opinion. It's responsible for such vital physiological functions that its levels vary greatly depending on if you are standing or lying down, what you are watching on TV or think about at any given moment.. It's very easy to register normal levels of it if you draw my blood while telling me I got a phone call from an old friend for example. But it doesn't mean that I have continuously adequate levels of it to maintain all physiological functions on normal level.

I narrowed down my problem just observing the symptoms and reactions to certain medications or supplements. If Wellbutrin made such a difference in my wellbeing and I know for a fact that it works on norepinephrine/dopamine that means that my problem lies there.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.06 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=2069549