CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Stubborn Jock itch by bios7725 ..... Ask CureZone Community

Date:   5/15/2013 7:52:42 PM ( 11 y ago)
Hits:   12,275
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2065763

I suffered on and off with jock itch for over seven years. I believe it was because of wearing another person's socks. Immediately after wearing them for a day I had a severe itch on both my ankles. I think the fungal spores migrated to my crotch area. Because shortly after I had jock itch.

Anyway I tried literally everything I could get my hands on. Steroid creams, prescription cortisone creams, olive oil, lavender oil, hydrogen peroxide. Sugar free diet, raw food vegan diet, fasting, everything.

While steroid and cortisone creams relieved symptoms I could tell the fungal infection was still there, the skin looked different. Although not red or itchy it had a different texture. Also if I stopped the prescription creams, the jock itch would return in a matter or days. Often much worse than before.

While experimenting with other treatments I quickly found oregano oil needs to be diluted (ouch!), same goes with tea-tree oil (ouch again!). Lavender oil on the other hand can be used without dilution.

After months of experimentation I'm now using a mixture of oils that works for me:

== BASE ==
1. Coconut oil
2. Olive oil
3. Neem oil
4. Vitamin E oil (from capsules)
5. Lavender oil
== ACTIVE INGREDIENTS ==
6. Tea Tree oil
7. Oregano oil

The base is made up of coconut oil, olive oil, neem oil, lavender oil, and vitamin e. My preference is quantities in that order. You may need to warm the coconut and neem oils as they are usually solid (or thick) at room temperature. When mixed with other oils they will remain liquid.

To hold the mixture use a small brown 100ml glass bottle with dropper. These are usually purchased from most chemists, or from ebay.

I then experiment by adding the tea tree oil and oregano oil. It's very important to only add 1-4 drops per 50ml (I initially add 5 drops per 50ml). Slowly increasing until you can feel it on your skin, but not to a point where it's painful. After application it can take up to 15 minutes before you feel the heat from the oils, so don't immediately assume you need more tea tree or oregano oil. Best to wait. I now have a batch that's just right for me.

I've been applying the above mixture twice per day with the dropper, then rub it into the skin. Once after a shower in the morning. Then again at night.

I've already cured one spot, and the rest is slowly. but surely disappearing.

It's important to slowly increase the amount of tea tree and oregano oil as the fungal infection starts to disappear. And to continue applying it for a few months after you think it's cured. Otherwise it will come back even stronger.

If you find the above useful. Please forward it or post it to someone else suffering from jock itch (Pay it forward!)

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=2065763