CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: I have no idea what to eat anymore. Any advice? by renuche ..... Adrenal Fatigue Forum

Date:   4/24/2013 3:23:55 AM ( 11 y ago)
Hits:   3,672
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2058378

Hmm. It sounds to me like you're going through something like I was in 2009, with a few dissimilarities. I don't even know if I'm hypoglycemic, but my mom thinks I am.

Anyway, I couldn't eat raw food, sugar, wheat, milk, oats, products canned in tin cans, apple products and who knows what else. I survived on baked vegetables/meat, cooked cabbage, cooked broccoli, rice, gluten-free corn chips and stuff. I had to alternate what I ate a lot, too, or I'd start to not tolerate it so well, either.

I had a bunch of crazy symptoms besides food intolerances , though, and I had chemical sensitivities, too.

Anyway, here's what seemed to help me, as far as I understand it:

* Prayer
* Research
* Food grade diatomaceous earth (I could eat just about everything again after taking this for a while)
* Zinc picolinate (the Now Vitamins kind)
* Boron picolinate (later, I switched to the Swanson Vitamins kinds, since it was cheaper)
* Weight lifting (this really helps)
* Milk thistle (the diatomaceous earth made me extra constipated, and this relieved it very well)
* Copper to balance the zinc (the Swanson Vitamins kind; I don't know what kind of copper it is, or what it's chelated with, but it works well)
* Vitamin D3 to balance the zinc.

Anyway, my hypothesis was that I wasn't producing enough of the right enzymes. So, maybe I had a mineral deficiency. Bear with me if you don't think this relates to hypoglycemia (minerals relate to all kinds of things, including hormones, digestion and whatever else). Anyway, I got the zinc picolinate first because I read that zinc was required for a whole bunch of enzymes (zinc picolinate is a highly bioavailable form, whereas zinc oxide and carbonate aren't very effective). I got boron, too, for it was said to help with enzymes. Magnesium is a big one, but I never got a good kind to try (just magnesium oxide, which didn't seem to do a ton, noticeably). Anyway, I felt like I was using my food a lot better after I started taking zinc and boron. Boron made me hungrier in a good way, too (for a while).

Now, I thought I might have parasites. So, that's why I got diatomaceous earth. It seemed pretty safe.

Miraculously, the diatomaceous earth seemed to get rid of almost all my digestional problems. That was pretty awesome. I could eat Sugar again! After a while, even wheat. The only things I don't eat now are apples and oats (and hydrogenated oils). I still have issues with oats for some unknown reason. I don't care to risk eating apples.

However, I never seemed to pass any visible parasites. Maybe I saw one Tapeworm segment, but it could have been anything. My hypothesis is that it was actually just the minerals in the diatomaceous earth that helped me so much.

Diatomaceous earth did have some side effects for me. I understand people usually don't complain about these, though (except for no. 3):

1. It made me really constipated.
2. It affected my memory while I was taking it. I think that may be because it has lots of aluminum in it. I was taking malic acid to chelate it, and that seemed to work, but it made my instrusive thoughts a lot worse, and thus I don't recommend malic acid in any but small amounts. Pectin is probably safer for aluminum removal, but exercise will probably help more than anything, whether or not it removes the aluminum.
3. It made me need to pee a lot, and I looked a little dehydrated while I was taking it, even though I drank lots of water.

Whatever the case, the side-effects were totally worth it. I mean, I can eat just about everything again. That's miraculous. I was pretty happy about being able to drink milk and eat sugar.

I took diatomaceous earth (the food grade PermaGuard kind) for several months to a year before I stopped. I only take the other minerals occasionally, now, based on how I feel. It doesn't feel good to take them all every day.

You have to be very careful about minerals, though. They're not like vitamin C where you can pop five in a day and be fine. They can be toxic. Research the upper limits, and try to be patient and not hit near the upper limit every single day. I should note, though, that my zinc picolinate tablets were a little above the upper limit. I didn't take them every single day, though. That seemed to work out.

I took iron and some other things, too.

Anyway, people might tell you that you just need to adjust your diet crazily (maybe that would help), and be on edge, but maybe you just need the right minerals and some strength training like I did. I felt a lot better after gaining some muscle. An exercise bike helps, too, I think. I'm not so sure about running.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.03 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=2058378