CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Quitting smoking made body odor 10x worse by Missy25 ..... Body Odor Forum

Date:   2/24/2013 2:03:29 AM ( 11 y ago)
Hits:   21,303
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2039172

I don't want to be negative, but people are always telling people that the reason why they're experiencing certain symptoms is because they're detoxing. I believe it's crap. I was doing a detox program, days after, I started to throw up like crazy, and a couple of ppl on here suggested that I was detoxing and it's getting better (the "bad" before the "good"). I really wanted to believe that. My doctor disagreed, my body was shutting down on me causing severe vomiting. Also, if u can't smell your own odor, you can't really be sure if things are getting better or worst. Different people are gonna react differently to your odor. I know u said that u can't smell your odor but here's an interesting article i found.

Smoking Cigarettes Sense Of Smell:

Smoking cigarettes will adversely impact your sense of smell. Smoking cigarettes will impair the sense of smell initially, but in the long-term permanent damage to your sense of smell will occur. The sense of smell is also directly linked to the sense of taste. The human nose has receptors called olfactory nerves. The olfactory nerves are located in the back of the nose. There are approximately five (5) to six (6) million olfactory nerves in the nose. Smoking cigarettes diminishes your sensitivity to odor quality. It is no wonder that food that does not smell good does not taste good either. The more you smoke causes more and more damage to your sense of smell. In severe cases, people have lost their sense of smell entirely. Impairment and loss of smell occurs in both young adults and older adults. Just think about the enjoyment that you will be missing if you lose your sense of smell because of smoking. You will not be able to smell flowers like beautiful roses. Sniffing the aroma of fine wine would be lost forever. There will be no more recognition of your favorite perfume or cologne. That perfect delectable dish you always crave because of the exquisite smell and taste will be lost to you forever if you don’t quit smoking. There is another severe consequence resulting from the loss of the sense of smell because of smoking cigarettes. Your personal safety could be at risk. If you have either impaired sense of smell or no sense of smell at all, you will not be able to adequately detect safety hazards such as gas leaks. Not detecting gas leaks could lead to serious hazards to both yourself and loved ones. The inability to smell a smoldering fire would have the same disastrous consequences. One final safety concern would be the inability to smell spoiled food. There is no way in your right mind that you would go near spoiled food if your sense of smell was intact. Consuming the bacteria of rotten and spoiled food could cause serious health problems.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.00 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=2039172