CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Delayed stomach emptying? by unyquity ..... Natural Healing & Herbal Solutions w/Unyquity

Date:   2/3/2013 12:02:39 AM ( 11 y ago)
Hits:   9,938
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2031946

Thank you (very much!) for pointing out my erroneous oversight.  There's no excuse for me not thoroughly reading the study I posted - although I do know the reason it happened.  Due to reading quite a few sites/posts of people having great results with ACV for gastroparesis, after glancing at the abstract, I assumed the study showed a beneficial impact (rather than the negative impact it showed).

Having now thoroughly read the study, I see there were major errors made that definitely need to be pointed out:

--They did not use raw, organic apple cider vinegar - they used "commercial available apple cider vinegar with honey flavouring".  We can safely assume 'commercial', means 'pasteurized' and made with apples sprayed with chemical toxins...and who knows what chemicals were in the 'honey flavoring'.   With the various chemicals & pasteurization involved, we can't assume the end result of the study would be the same as unpasteurized raw organic apple cider vinegar.

--They mixed 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of the 'commerical acv' with 200 ml (approximately 3/4 of a cup) of water - and we don't know the purity/type of the water.  Fluoridated? chlorinated? spring water with hard/rock minerals? other?  With the addition of 'unknown water chemicals' (and the chemicals in the (likely) in the pasteurized apple cider vinegar & honey flavoring, we can determine that this study does not reflect what will occur in the human body when using organic raw apple cider vinegar.

Also, when drinking water before a meal, stomach acid is diluted which adversely affects digestion (and likely the time it takes for the stomach to empty)

--"One week before the first examination, the patients drank 200 ml water every morning before their breakfast."  Diluting stomach acid before eating for a week before testing likely impacted digestion - hence affected the outcome/conclusion of the study.

--So, what we know is that if one drinks 200ml of some kind of water every day before breakfast for a week, then waters down 2T of commercial acv with honey flavoring, and drinks it before breakfast, the stomach will empty at a slower rate than it did previously. 

For how long? We don't know. 

When cleansing/healing our body, sometimes the very thing we're "treating" seems to 'get worse right before it gets better'.  Could this be what was happening here?  We don't know.

And they call this "science" and expect us to believe in it. :::eyeroll:::

'Just to note, I find it very interesting that you seem to have created a new user ID/# (this being the first post) for the purpose of pointing out an error that's almost 3 years old. 

Thank you again (truly!) for pointing this out!  It was certainly an unintentional error, but an error nonetheless...and I'm none to proud of myself for making it - but glad to have the opportunity to correct it.

Unyquity

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.00 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=2031946