CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: 16 was raped, need help by #68716 ..... Rape Survivors Support Forum

Date:   1/15/2013 4:42:46 AM ( 11 y ago)
Hits:   3,443
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2025800

2 readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

I am so sorry to read of the crimes that were committed against you.  I truly am, and I can identify with being gang-raped.

Blue Rose is spot-on.  This episode can taint your entire lifetime, or you can recovery from these crimes and advocate for yourself, and other victims.  What nearly every preson believes about rape is that it was a crime based upon sexua| desire, and that is not true.  Rape is a crime of control and violence - it's the most vicious and demeaning of all crimes because of how it is associated with shame, humiliation, etc.

Call your local rape hotline, and understand that you will not be judged or shamed - you suffered a heinous crime.  The person who takes your call will put you in touch with all manner of resources to help you to recover from this, and your parents won't be involved if you don't want them to be, although I feel that it would be a terrible disservice to yourself if you don't let them know what was done to you.  You'll also be supported in every way - medically, emotionally, psychologically, and legally.  If you choose to report this crime to police, it will put some perspective on what was done to you, as well as possibly cause those criminals to face consequences for their actions.

This may, or may not, be of help to you, but I was gang-raped at 13 by neighborhood boys.  They were all from affluent and politically connected families.  There was alcohol involved, and I never told a soul about what had been done to me.  For decades, I lived with that shame and talked myself into believing that I somehow deserved what had happened to me - and, this affected EVERY aspect of my life.  Please, don't pretend that this crime was not committed against you as I did. 

Best and most encouraging wishes to you.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.00 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=2025800