CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: AF, Hashimoto's, estrogen dominance and 15 years of SSRIs. Is there any hope for recovery? by #46136 ..... Adrenal Fatigue Forum

Date:   12/21/2012 2:42:42 PM ( 12 y ago)
Hits:   4,639
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2018481

The 80/10/10 diet is fine to embark on if you have no severe imbalance going on with the body.

I too have mercury toxicity issues, candida, hypo-thyroid and adrenals and for the past 12 weeks embarked on a cleanse diet - so a friend, well-meaning, suggested 80/10/10.

Stuffing my face with fruit all day but still feeling like i was under-nourished - i needed 'something'. I'm well aware of latent craving yelling out when one is on a cleanse - but after that stage i continued to go through hell and certainly never experienced any detoxed, renewed energy or anything.

In fact, i became more and more unresponsive to life and more and more inclined to end this unresponsive existence.

D. Graham even says himself that a candida sufferer can't expect to cure themselves on 80/10/10. I saw a renegade health vid the other day of him saying that 80/10/10 isn't a cure-all way of eating.

Other practitioners have discovered that what is 'considered' to be an alkaline food has an alkalising effect on one person, but can have an acidifying effect on another. It shows how individual body constitutions really respond differently to 'same' treatments.

For the life of me i wish there was 'one rule nutrition' that works wonders for EVERYONE.

My friend has been on 80/10/10 for about 4 yrs - he's been suffering all the way - brain fog, no energy, sensitive eyes, huge fatigue - mental and physical. He recovered from cancer by embracing a whole food diet and showed huge improvements - since being on 80/10/10 he has struggled.He has mercury issues tho' - which is impossible to feel super with, despite the diet.

I've been vegetarian since i was allowed to buy my own food...always hated the taste of meat as a kid. The texture repulsed me...i was the only kid wanting a huge plate of vegetables at dinner!

Hair analysis results recently show inability to process protein. Inability to detox. All mineral ratios way out of whack, hypo-adrenals, thyroid, aluminium and mercury.
I've been a 'whole-fooder' for over a decade. Raw food 60% for 5 years. Swayed to 20% raw. Whole fruit diets. All cooked diets. Nothing makes me feel any different - just different digestive response.

My system is stuck in toxic mode and i have no idea how to shift it's gear. I've been extremely active throughout life - i think i'm the only hypo adrenal-thyroid that is actually LOSING weight fast. I'm 5'7", just under 7 stone, with my clothes on. Never have i weighed so little..always thought i averaged 8.5 stone.

I feel and empathise hugely with the OP because when the body is so out of balance, and the symptoms are to be tolerated 24/7, the mind isn't functioning so fully, making each imbalance seem a bigger monster.
I sway all the time. Some hours i'm super positive...i'll do some chores - but alot of hours i'm extremely low and devitalised. Yesterday i was chronically suicidal....today i'm in a numb, can't-kill-myself-if-i-tried place. I'm swaying like a dying willow tree.

I KNOW through tests i've had done myself - not through my GP - he wanted me on anti-depressants and counselling...the imbalances i'm suffering with. If i went by symptomtic diagnosis alone i would have made myself worse as i was convinced i was HYPER adrenal, thyroid. But i was hyper emotionally...stressed to the max, pushing my body, when it was all done-in.
I asked the GP for adrenal and thyroid tests - he told me my symptoms were 'in my head'. Sure - he was right ...mercury lodged in my head, ruining many body processes. Mercury gravitates towards the endocrine glands..specifically the thyroid! (Pituitary and hypothalamus too) I'm not quoting other site's opinion on mercury - i've been reading independent studies for months now , performed over many decades on it's hugely toxic effects to biological life.

If diet could turn all this around i would have found it. It's only part of the equation.
I would recommend hair analysis to anyone wanting to know fully their mineral balance/imbalance. Arizona research labs are meant to be one of the best.

I can't tell you #160844 if life is worth all this suffering. If you were in my life i would want to help you everyday. I'm great at helping others get better - never myself! I hope that at least knowing there is somewhere you can come to and share where you're at - without judgement, helps you feel you're not alone on this journey...there are many hands on that tether you are gripping.

Hugs and love,
xXx

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.05 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=2018481