CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: root canals gone bad with ill effects. getting dentures at a young age? Please help. by Dancejunkie35 ..... Dental Problems Support Forum

Date:   12/4/2012 10:34:11 AM ( 12 y ago)
Hits:   6,761
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2012696

I had all of my teeth extracted 2 years ago. I was 36. Complications from having RA (which I didn't know I had at the time) pain pills dry mouth & genetics left me with no other choice. Well I had a choice to fix them for 50grand & I didn't have that kind of money. Before I had them pulled I had molds made & a set of temporary dentures made. As soon as the surgeon pulled my teeth I went straight to my dentist & he put in my temp dentures. I also had 2 tiny posts implanted into my bottom jaw to help hold the bottom dentures in & help with any bone loss. Getting them put in right away is called immediate dentures ' helps with swelling. I then got my permanent pretty awesome dentures about 7 months later. I'm not gonna lie getting dentures was really hard on the self esteem & not an easy surgery. But it ended up being a blessing. My pain & fatigue got better. My body felt better & my mouth felt great! I now don't have any issues with being 38 & having dentures. It is so worth it! My uncle even went & had his done after I did. It was one of the best things I've done for my health. Sorry if my post is awkward. Hands are flaring today bad! Hard to type! I live in a small town in the south so I'm not sure how they do things anywhere else. I can say I'm very happy & my teeth now are prettier & the best part is no one even noticed I have dentures! Now I just need to win the lottery & get them paid off! Lol! Hope my experience helps or at least gives you a little insight. It's not something you expect to need at such a young age. But if its something you need to do. Don't hesitate. It really is worth it.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.03 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=2012696