CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: will my goiter disappear with Iodine? by peggyaus ..... Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team

Date:   8/6/2012 7:41:44 PM ( 12 y ago)
Hits:   18,163
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1971570

Yes it will shrink.

I had half my thyroid removed and it was THE BIGGEST MISTAKE.

I had a large multinodular goitre - one side was much larger than the other - but both sides were growing goitre... the doctor said to "take it out"... and the surgeon took out the larger lobe - and left me one lobe growing with the doctor saying "we'll watch it" and prescribing thyroid replacement (thyroxin).

Over the next few years, the other half kept growing and I had painful thryoiditis too. The doctor said "take the other side out".. and I remember other comments like "my wife lasted 7 years after I took out half her goitre, and she recently had the other half removed". He took out his wife's entire thyroid... amazing huh?

I came home and said to the boyfriend, "I'm scheduled for surgery to take out the other half of my thyroid". He said "if they were my nuts I'd be holding on to them.... He said "when its gone, its gone". Made me think............ I cancelled the surgery and went searching for answers and found iodine.. the rest is history..

My current situation is this... my thyroid is no longer painful and it has shrunk, as well as the nodules. It is no longer recognisable as a goitre. It does take time though, a couple of years (in my case).

The other thing I want to mention to you is estrogen dominance. This too, will cause a goitre to grow as well as Iodine deficiency. I would re-think your boron supplementation as this can enhance estrogen uptake from my reading.. please read up on this to make sure.

Do not get your thyroid removed. I regret it terribly.. There was no need for this precious organ to be removed.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.00 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1971570