CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Does moving away help when there are bad memories? by #136970 ..... Relationship Support Forum

Date:   3/17/2012 12:30:04 AM ( 12 y ago)
Hits:   11,783
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1919107

Thank you.

Oh I'm sure there's much more to the story - there always is.  Yet at the same time there is also your daughter's story, from her perspective. 

I was a lousy father but in my long healing journey, not without many bumps in the road, I've developed a love for children I never knew existed within me.  As I've told my ex at family gatherings if I had it to do over again I'd have a minimum of five.

I was sexually abused by both genders as a child, suicidal as a teen and went through difficulties as a young adult.  I think that it is the teens and young adults that I can relate to the best because all that I ever wanted during those years was an adult who could related to me and all my imperfections as a human being.  It never happened.

Not just our Western society but many structured societies are just plain sick in the area of this thing that we call families.  The Australian Bushmen children when the Europeans arrived were able to fend for themselves, food, water, fire and shelter, by age three to five.  The Europeans also said that the children were the happiest that they had ever seen.  We (myself included) sell them so short yet we expect them to kill for "our country" by the time they are eighteen. 

We are changing and you will see a lot more of it in the not too distant future.

Whatever you do, you have no reason to ever trash yourself.  Yet as a parent I know it's difficult not to.  That too is a learning experience.

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.  I wrote down "happy". They told me I didn’t understand the assignment.  I told them they didn’t understand life."
— John Lennon

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.00 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1919107