CureZone   Log On   Join

Dangerous advice for a minority by Trick X Master ..... Adrenal Fatigue Forum

Date:   10/28/2011 2:18:24 AM ( 13 y ago)
Hits:   15,434
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1874658

I just want to say first I think meditation is great for the majority of people. However, for a minority of people it can be very problematic.

I meditated for a year, for anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour a day.

When you describe Depression as something that can always be controlled, you pretty much have no idea what you are talking about. You have no idea about all the people out there that have a biological cause of brain inflammation that meditation won't be enough to help with. Depression is a biological state of brain inflammation. Meditation may help reduce stress and help the body to reverse this state. However, not every case is like this, and your tone of writing describes that, and is not humble at all. It is the tone of somebody who thinks they have every thing figured out. Life has taught me to avoid these people like the plague, for their intellectual curiosity has vanished, and they have learned all they would like to learn in life.

I just think you don't have any idea of what the biological make up of Depression is. It would be horrible for a psychiatrist to simply prescribe meditation to all his depressed patients. For mild depression it may be great advice. But for persistent biological depression marked by cognitive impairment, depersonalization/derealization, anhedonia, intrusive thoughts, prescribing meditation is insane.

I actually went over to a depression forum, and even the most intense practitioners of meditation were recommending vitamin D to people whose depression did not lift with meditation. The expert meditation people who were making the vitamin d recommendations seem to fail to comprehend that recommending a vitamin for depression instead of more meditation and thought control means that they admit to the fact that certain states of the psyche are in fact not controllable by willpower and are purely biological!

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.00 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1874658