CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: anyone take out their own IUD? by mczlove ..... Mirena, Skyla IUD Forum

Date:   9/22/2011 7:48:47 PM ( 13 y ago)
Hits:   142,381
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1860946

1 of 1 (100%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

---PLEASE NOTE: I AM NOT PAID, ENDORSED, SPONSORED, FORCED BY ANY PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY OR OTHER ENTITY GAINING FROM MIRENA OR COMPARABLE BIRTH CONTROL!-------

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS POST AND THE REPLIES TO THIS POST. I only had my Mirena IUD for three months and I have been an absolute monster. My fiance and I wanted to make sure we were pregnancy free for a substantial amount of time so I chose the IUD even though my primary doctor advised against it. The procedure was brutal and I felt absolutely awful for roughly 8 days. I am glad it was during the summer and I wasn't in my college classes, I would have missed so many classes due to the debilitating pain.

I have decide to add my story because it is important for women to be informed by the WOMEN THAT USE THE DRUG!! Not just advised by the person prescribing or administering it!!!!! I thought Mirena was the answer to my prayers since I have always had the most painful period cramps. Well, I can say, after three months on Mirena my period has "finally" subsided and gone away... but with it went my sex drive, sweet personality, and sensitivity to kindness. I feel almost like sandpaper--very abrasive and unapproachable.

The other reviews I have read the women speak about engaging in intercourse 2-4 times a week during their "normal" sex drive.... I have to say that my fiance knew a sex life of 2-4 times A DAY--crazy, horny, aggressive sex!!! It was so amazing and at the time I could not have imagined a more suitable partner for myself than him--he satisfied my every desire.

After Mirena? I hate sex. I hate sex. I HATE SEX. I hate cuddling, I hate spooning, I hate kissing, I hate having my breasts touched, I hate having my nipples touched (too sensitive--I thought it was his fault), I hate being around other people 87% of the time.

I just took out my own IUD and I felt NOTHING. I am SO GLAD I TOOK THAT suc*** OUT BECAUSE I KNOW THE PERSON I WAS WITH THE MIRENA IUD WAS NOT THE REAL ME!!!! [I do not advise removing the IUD yourself as I am not a medical professional, I just know the results of my own experience. Mine was not embedded or complicated in position.

I lived with a gal that had Mirena and she LOVED IT!! She's had it for FOUR years--I think the side effects are more brutal and unrelenting to some. She is still VERY OVERTLY SEXUAL, happy, motivated--etc.

Please, Please, Please know that I researched blogs, reviews, and side effect advisements before I had the Mirena IUD placed--I wish I would have just continued taking the oral contraceptive or "reinstalled" my prior BC, the NuvaRing.

I wish every woman reading this the best--You may agree or disagree.... but please do your research and decide for yourself--just as I did.

All the best wishes.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1860946