CureZone   Log On   Join

My depressing thoughts... by scott2e ..... Depression Forum

Date:   8/6/2011 9:11:20 AM ( 13 y ago)
Hits:   6,835
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1843327

It is rather odd, life . How something so obscure could arise out of atoms and molecules is without a doubt the most amazing thing in the universe. Yet like everything else it serves no purpose, it just is. What's more obscure is that intelligence evolved out of this life in the form of us humans. Do I think intelligence is as amazing as life??....hard to say... To me and I would think to most logical people, intelligence is just a reaction to a stimulus, bit by bit it built up over time to the point where it became quite complex. If we can't understand it's complexity we come up with ideas and absurd theories that involve some form of higher power, ignoring the credible evidence by the minority who actually look at real evidence. I would think most logical people would eventually come to the conclusion that life is truly meaningless; a depressing picture compared to the one our parents painted for us when we were young. While intelligence has certainly helped develop some amazing things like skyscrapers; planes; wireless communication; the ability to manipulate electricity, they are only as purposeful as the purpose we humans give them. So to answer my question, do I think intelligence is as amazing as life, I would have to say no. So how does one who believes in absolutely nothing be happy living life? Do we have to give in to some irrational behavior, some animal traits if you will? Deluding ourselves and ignoring the obvious? I certainly don't know, I know I have been deluding myself though, seems to be the only way to survive happily.. Although I am not happy. Perhaps all I have to do to fulfill my evolutionary request - find a partner, have some children. Surely others would argue there's plenty to live for, maybe they're right... I hope so..

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1843327