CureZone   Log On   Join

Castor Oil Pack Questions by Larianis ..... Ask Dr. Sutter

Date:   7/7/2011 11:42:12 AM ( 13 y ago)
Hits:   13,322
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1832550

I’ve started doing castor oil packs but I’m not sure if I’m doing it right. According to the directions that I read you are supposed to soak three 6”x8” sheets of cotton flannel with 3 tablespoons of castor oil. However when I lay the sheets on each other and add the recommended amount of castor oil it doesn’t even soak through to the other side of the third sheet and thus is definitely in no danger of staining my pajamas. After I do that I place the sheets over my liver and wrap that area in plastic wrap to keep it on me. The top and bottom edges usually end up sticking out but the part that sticks out has no oil. The instructions make it seem as though you're probably going to stain what ever your wearing but I don't see how that's possible unless I'm doing something wrong.

I then place a hot water bottle over the pack for thirty minutes, remove it and then try to sleep. The first time I slept with a castor oil pack I had trouble falling asleep, it was a hot night, but finally slept deeply and had trouble waking up. The second time I did this I also had a hard time going to sleep. It was a hot and muggy night. I kept waking up at night because it was so hot and muggy but I had no trouble waking up when I was supposed to even though I was still tired. My husband slept through the night and he normally feels hotter than me. I thought a castor oil pack was supposed to help you sleep.

I have heard from different sources that you shouldn’t reuse a castor oil pack. But I’ve also heard that you can reuse it. If you leave a castor oil pack on overnight can you still reuse it if you put it in the fridge or is the oil rancid by that point? Is it true that you can only reuse a castor oil pack 10 times?

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.00 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1832550